Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 04:41 PM

Japan

Next year off to Japan and just been and paid for the 13 day holiday. It is is a fly/cruise

Day Port
1 Fly UK/Tokyo
2-4 Tokyo Hotel Stay - 3 Nights
4 Tokyo - Mt. Fuji & Hakone with Bullet Train
5 Tokyo (Yokohama)
6 Toba
7 Himeji
8 Kochi
9 At Sea
10 Busan
11 At Sea
12 Yokkaichi
13 Tokyo (Yokohama)
13 Fly Tokyo/UK
14 Arrive in UK - Overnight flight

As the captain said on our last cruise with the rough sea, hope they fill in the pot holes in the sea first

Will be tiring but oh what a trip of a life time. Would have liked it to be longer but at £4,000 more for 21 days for the 2 of us is just a bit too much to pay what with the booking of the tours to be announced late on to add on
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 04:56 PM

Re: Japan

Enjoy!
I somewhat miss my globe travelling days.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Enjoy!
I somewhat miss my globe travelling days.
Once one has the travel bug it kinda gets inside you.
i have to say at the outset originally i flatly refused to go on any cruise. NO WAY would you get me on one of those ships.

Talking to other people I realised what i might be missing, out at sea? again but no way, river cruise? erm thought it was a good tryout and the shore was close by.
So decided to have a go at the River Nile and really enjoyed it.
Great party atmosphere on board with fellow guests.

in case you ask he was a Nubian

OOH this cruising isn't a bad as I thought. So these are the cruises so far. not including trips to Spain -Brittany-- Brazil (several times) -Argentina- China - Tunisia etc

So it was doing the med cruise twice- the caribbean-the baltic - the Fjords and now Japan.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 05:25 PM

My 2nd wasband and my youngest are going to Japan in October, I wasn't invited
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Once one has the travel bug it kinda gets inside you.
i have to say at the outset originally i flatly refused to go on any cruise. NO WAY would you get me on one of those ships.

Talking to other people I realised what i might be missing, out at sea? again but no way, river cruise? erm thought it was a good tryout and the shore was close by.
So decided to have a go at the River Nile and really enjoyed it.
Great party atmosphere on board with fellow guests.

Well, I'm not a party animal. So that aspect of being on a cruise wouldn't float my boat - no pun intended....
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

10-09-2018, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Well, I'm not a party animal. So that aspect of being on a cruise wouldn't float my boat - no pun intended....
nor me but this lot were great. came from south America I believe

Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 06:20 PM

The Japanese are very hospitable, Realspeed, you will have a fantastic time and enjoy delicious food.

Stay off the Puffer Fish though we want you back safe and sound!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

11-09-2018, 09:51 PM

yes I heard puffer fish are poisonous if not cooked correctly

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top