Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2018, 07:41 PM

Re: I am beginning to think I may have ...

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Careful - I have some rusty cheese wire in the garage !
In that case I'll meet you there at midnight.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2018, 07:43 PM

When we first moved into this house in 1990 it had a rickety old wooden back door. This door used to open on it's own due to a dodgy handle and only stayed shut when you locked it. Everytime it opened on it's own my husband would call out "Come in!".

A few years later we had the doors and windows replaced with UPVC ones and the problem went away. Then in 2007 we had another new back door fitted after the flood.

Fast forward to 2010. About 6 months after my husband died the door started opening again on it's own and still does it now. I expect it's all down to "settling" or something and there's a perfectly rational explanation but whenever it opens I call out "Come in" just in case it's him waiting to be invited in
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2018, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Nicol ->
When we first moved into this house in 1990 it had a rickety old wooden back door. This door used to open on it's own due to a dodgy handle and only stayed shut when you locked it. Everytime it opened on it's own my husband would call out "Come in!".

A few years later we had the doors and windows replaced with UPVC ones and the problem went away. Then in 2007 we had another new back door fitted after the flood.

Fast forward to 2010. About 6 months after my husband died the door started opening again on it's own and still does it now. I expect it's all down to "settling" or something and there's a perfectly rational explanation but whenever it opens I call out "Come in" just in case it's him waiting to be invited in

That's nice Nicol.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2018, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->

No cheese, Dongles, just the wire!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

13-09-2018, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
No cheese, Dongles, just the wire!
Ooh you sauce pot.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2018, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Nicol ->

Sorry to hear about your husband Nicol, and your account gave me a lump in my throat....
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2018, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
So where were you?

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top