Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2018, 02:03 PM

Re: How old is your heart

I gave a phoney postal code.

They say I am going to live to be 84. Well, that gives me another 8 years, but I am going to prove them wrong and live to be 100....
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2018, 02:05 PM

So, the website you arrive at has a link to its Terms and Conditions. I trust people dutifully had a look at that before diving in (!). In the Ts&Cs there is a link to their Privacy Policy, again I hope people checked that out too.

Here's what it says:

Information We collect about you.

With regard to each of your visits to Our Site(s) or services, We may automatically collect the following information about you:

• Technical information, including the type of mobile device you use, an unique device identifier (for example, your Device’s IMEI number), mobile network information, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile browser you use (Device Information);

• Details of your use of any of Our App(s) or your visits to any of Our Site(s) and the resources that you access (Log Information);

• Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from Our Site(s), (including date and time); product you viewed or search for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information, and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call Our customer service number (Other Information).

• Location Information. We may also use GPS technology to determine your current location. Some of Our location-enabled Services require your personal data for the feature to work. If you wish to use the particular feature, you will be asked to consent to your data being used for this purpose. You can enable or disable location services when you use our Service at any time through your mobile device settings (Location Information).

• Our App(s) and Our Site(s) may collect information about user demographics through Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting. This information will only be used for internal reporting and not shared with third parties. You can opt out by following the How to opt out of Our use of SDKs section below for our App(s) or exiting Our Site(s).

• Activity data. Some of our Apps, Chatbot(s), Skill(s) and Action(s) are designed to track your activity. We may collect your activity data (for example, steps, location, distance, pace activity time) either when you manually input your activity data into the App or when you employ features in the App or the Services that are designed to capture your activity data.

• Contact information. In some of our App(s), Chatbot(s), Skill(s) and Actions you have the option of providing contact information to Us in order to get help from a human operator. We will not collect this information unless You specifically elect to share this information with us.

• Conversational engagements. We may use information We collect or You provide to us through our Chatbot(s), Skill(s) and Action(s) to tailor and optimise your experience within the relevant platform and to provide the most relevant information, support and advice around the relevant subject matter.

It also says that they will receive information about you from third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors, delivery services, analytics providers, search information providers).

It then goes on to stats how they will use the data they have which is a combination of your answers, ie the information you offer up, and the personal details they collected.

Information you give to Us.

We may use this information:

• to carry out Our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and Us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from Us;

• to provide you with information about other Department of Health and Social Care and its executive agencies’ services We offer that we feel may be of interest to you. You can opt out of receiving any communication We send you relating to this at any time;

• if you are an existing customer, We will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about services We feel may be of benefit to you. If you are a new customer, We will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want Us to use your data in this way, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which We collect your data (the registration form);

• to notify you about changes to Our Service;

• to ensure that content from Our Sites(s) is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.

Information We collect about you.

We may use this information:

• to administer Our Site(s) and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;

• to improve Our Site(s) to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your Device/computer;

• to allow you to participate in interactive features of Our service, when you choose to do so;

• as part of Our efforts to keep Our Site(s) safe and secure;

• to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of Our Site(s) about services that may interest you or them.

• to provide you with targeted advertising that We feel may be of interest to you.

• for research purposes carried out internally or by trusted third parties

Really no surprises there for me. It presents as an innocent questionnaire but in reality it is a fairly detailed interrogation of your personal details. Your date of birth, postcode, IP address (so they know exactly who you are and where you live), and a host of health questions.

Armed with that they can start flogging you all manner of services and treatments, and doubtless you'll get bombarded with spam from health insurance companies and the like.

This is click bait stuff any way you cut it. Can't believe people still fall for this kind of nonsense.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2018, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
LOL!

Comedy post of the year
Don't You two start...again
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2018, 02:07 PM

OMG...my heart age is 95 and I can expect to live to 81...I've only got 4 years left...

Should have gone to Europe for 18 days with my granddaughter...
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2018, 02:08 PM

Didn't give Them My post code...but My heart age is 76..I'm 75..will live until I'm 84….that'll do..until I reach that age anyway then I'll demand a recount
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2018, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
LOL!

Comedy post of the year

Realist, I can't speak for anyone else, but for me personally, I am heartily fed up with your constant sneering, know-it-all attitude on threads, and now it seems you intend to start on this one as well.

Well you carry on then, and one day you will find you are sitting there talking to yourself, because most others will have switched off or left.

I have asked for this thread to be closed now.
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2018, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
Didn't give Them My post code...but My heart age is 76..I'm 75..will live until I'm 84….that'll do..until I reach that age anyway then I'll demand a recount

swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2018, 02:43 PM

Hi

I am already dead according to my heart age.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2018, 02:50 PM

It's kinda bizarre really. If you were walking around your local town/city centre and a guy came up to you and said, "would you mind telling me your DOB and postcode, and by the way can I record what ailments and conditions you suffer from" most people would tell them where to go.

Stick it on a website under the guise of a "check your heart" quiz and people fall for it hook line and sinker.

Your personal details are really important and hugely valuable to businesses. Never give them out unless absolutely necessary imo. But . . . each to their own !
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2018, 02:53 PM

You see what I mean? You have already said all that just now, why the need to constantly reiterate?

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top