Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2018, 02:53 AM

Re: My Favorite Classic Film

I can't go past Casablanca as my favourite.

I still watch it - I ripped it off my DVD onto my server, a real classic.
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2018, 03:28 AM

This thread is fast becoming an insight into your personalities when you are looking for something to entertain you in quiet moments.

I also am a fool for Casa Blanca, Of Mice and Men, and The Best Years Of Our Lives.....all black and white movies.

So, go ahead and choose more than one film if you like. But it should be one you reach for more than once, and enjoy it every time.....

A few of the movies mentioned I am not familiar with, but will make it a point to check them out.
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2018, 03:32 AM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Hi Pam, To Kill a Mockingbird is my favourite film, I could watch it over and over again, I liked the bit where Boo Radley saved the Children in the woods. I have also read the book loads of times and had to do my English O'level exam on this book.
The part that makes me tear up is when Scout points to Boo hiding behind the bedroom door after he brought Jem to the house. Scout smiling at Boom her being unafraid, full of compassion and gratitude to him, and holding his hand wells me up almost to sobbing.
I love the book as much as the movie, Susie.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2018, 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Those and San Demetrio London, Seven Year Itch and The Sundowners .....
Originally Posted by Right Now ->
So, go ahead and choose more than one film if you like. But it should be one you reach for more than once, and enjoy it every time.....
I have watched my choices more than a dozen times each .....
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2018, 05:14 AM

Top of the tree is .....Ice Cold in Alex....Sir John Mills at his best

and ...True Grit.....the Duke at his best.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2018, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by Right Now ->
The African Queen is another Humphrey Bogart film I can watch any time though it is probably not quite as good as Casablanca.

Likewise I enjoy The Last Picture Show every time I watch it and it is probably old enough to be described as a classic of American cinema.

More modern films I enjoy and watch a lot are American Graffiti and Love Actually
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2018, 09:19 AM

Gone with the wind...and Calamity Jane

Just got back from the windy City the windy City is mighty pretty....but they ain't got what we got....no sir..eeeeee
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2018, 10:39 AM

The Dam Busters
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2018, 11:15 AM

I think I must be the only one on the planet who has never seen 'Casablanca' - I am told it is an excellent film - but - I cannot stand Humphrey Bogart.

There are a few that I can watch over and over:-

The Sundowners

The Guns of Navarone

The hilarious 'Where eagles dare'

This happy breed
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2018, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I think I must be the only one on the planet who has never seen 'Casablanca' - I am told it is an excellent film - but - I cannot stand Humphrey Bogart.

There are a few that I can watch over and over:-

The Sundowners

The Guns of Navarone

The hilarious 'Where eagles dare'

This happy breed
I have never seen it either tabs, only clips on TV.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top