Join for free
Page 20 of 22 « First < 10 18 19 20 21 22 >
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 02:18 PM

Re: Squirrels are great.

Mr Fraggle, look what some clever person built. It is a chair for him to sit on while he eats. But I didn't know they would eat Corn on the Cob. I must get some for them.

wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 02:20 PM

I would love to know how to build that little chair, etc.
Would you be able to tell me Mr. Fraggle. I could do it next spring. I will need two. One for Pearl and one for Mr Pickles.
MrFraggle
United Kingdom
MrFraggle is male  MrFraggle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
I would love to know how to build that little chair, etc.
Would you be able to tell me Mr. Fraggle. I could do it next spring. I will need two. One for Pearl and one for Mr Pickles.
I probably could knock something up as simple as this, though you do need treated timber else it will rot with rain etc. I did have at one time a wooden peanut feeder but they destroyed it in no time at all so I would imagine these things would not last long.
But perhaps I could make something from metal shelf brackets, will need to give it some thought.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

12-01-2019, 03:01 PM

I have a lot of odds and ends in the shed, I'm sure I can come up with something that would last. I will wait to see if you can come up with anything. No hurry, I don't do outside work until next spring, if I am still on mother earth.......

Thanks, take your time....
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

12-01-2019, 03:03 PM

If you say you are going to "knock something up" in Canada, we think you are going to get someone pregnant.......
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
If you say you are going to "knock something up" in Canada, we think you are going to get someone pregnant.......
Same here it's not a safe phrase at all

Love the little chair !
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

12-01-2019, 07:14 PM

We'll have to get one twice that size for Mr Big eh Julie?
hahahaha. People don't know what fun that we have with our squirrly critters. I just love them.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

12-01-2019, 07:16 PM

I wonder how I will keep the squirrels out of the bird feeder....oh, well, I'll worry about it in the spring. I am not too well Julie.....
MrFraggle
United Kingdom
MrFraggle is male  MrFraggle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2019, 12:53 PM

A couple of videos and I have found a nice bit of timber for the corn on the cob feeder which I will get on to as soon as It warms up and I can work in the garden.

big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2019, 01:55 PM

I am sorry to put a damper on your thoughts that these grey squirrels are cute little critters but this is is far from the truth.
They are classed as vermin and do an awful lot of damage to wild life and sapling trees. They carry a virus that has decimated our own native red squirrels. They take eggs and fledglings from nests and destroy young trees by chewing the bark. Ever year in many parts of forest land there is a cull. If a grey squirrel is caught in a trap it is against the law to release it. It has to be humanely destroyed.
Yes they are cute little creatures and it is amusing to sit there and watch their antics trying to get into bird feeders etc; but the fact is they are officially classed as vermin.

Page 20 of 22 « First < 10 18 19 20 21 22 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top