Join for free
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2018, 08:12 PM

And on it goes!!

Jo Johnson has quit as transport minister and called for the public to have a fresh say on Brexit.

The MP, who is Boris Johnson's brother, said the withdrawal deal being negotiated with the European Union "will be a terrible mistake".

Arguing Britain was "on the brink of the greatest crisis" since World War Two, he said what was on offer wasn't "anything like what was promised".

Downing Street thanked him for his work but ruled out another referendum.

Jo Johnson voted to remain in the EU in the 2016 referendum while his brother Boris, who quit as foreign secretary in July, was a leading Brexiteer.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2018, 08:34 PM

Re: And on it goes!!

The Johnsons must have pretty stormy family get togethers. They all have totally opposing views on this.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2018, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
The Johnsons must have pretty stormy family get togethers. They all have totally opposing views on this.
they share half a brain, how on Earth do we let these public school knob heads get into power?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2018, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
they share half a brain, how on Earth do we let these public school knob heads get into power?
Because the 'twin set and pearls' brigade will vote for anyone or anything wearing a blue rosette.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2018, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Because the 'twin set and pearls' brigade will vote for anyone or anything wearing a blue rosette.
And you would vote for a Donkey in a red rosette.

TBh the 'views' of these people don't trump my views so he can say what he likes it doesn't change anything..
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2018, 10:45 AM

Boris has set him up: Jo's got no future in politics, another ref. is what Boris wants because he's now regretting going down the Brexit route. Another ref. and we will be running the EU.

"Rule Britannia!"
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2018, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I doubt it. they seem as sensible as my family all very opposed on various religions, political stances (my husband couldn't be more right and you know me ) we never row about it, we have our views and opinions and respect each others right to be different.

If their sister who was interviewed last night is telling the truth they are just like us.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top