Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 08:23 PM

Re: The Remainers Party Political Broadcast - CH4.

[QUOTE=Moscow;1563315]You can't force people to vote. No way can a plebiscite have credibility if people are forced to vote.

[QUOTE]

Do you consider a voter turnout of 72% high For something as important as a brexit? In australia normal voter turnout is about 95%.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 08:24 PM

Does anyone believe the EU will eventually collapse? Or will it be forced to evolve?

I’ve just been reading an interesting article by a leading academic, Professor Gwythian Prins former history and politics tutor at Cambridge and now emeritus research professor at the London School of Economics.

The European Union will collapse like the Soviet Union and I believe the EU has sown the seeds of its own destruction through ever-greater complexity and meddling as the benefits for its citizens shrivel.

Voting to leave the doomed bloc was thus “most appropriate and prudent” - not as Remainers claimed, the act of “stupid or culturally primitive racists

He urged Theresa Mat to be tougher with Brussels because the pro-EU elites are “cult-like” and impossible to reason with.
(his findings are on the Briefings for Brexit website.) Professor Prins used a method created by the American anthropologist Professor Joseph Tainer to analyse the collapse of ancient empires like Rome, Minoa and Egypt.

He found that organisations thrive up to a certain point of complexity. Like the EU for its first 45 years when the benefits of pooling powers outweighed downsides.
But there is a point when they become so complex that benefits shrink and they lose the support of citizens. He argues that moment for the EU was the start of the single currency 20 years ago and “things have been steadily falling apart” since.

The European elite, ignoring many citizens, had responded by pushing on for their superstate, at the cost of alienating voters with increasingly draconian demands.

Professor Prins claims there is growing anti-EU sentiments, including Britain’s “clear-sighted” Brexit vote “just in the nick of time”.

“All this evidence of citizen rejection while the project responds with further acceleration has plainly taken the EU into the zone of risk of collapse” he wrote. “And that is where it stands, shakily but defiant, belittling, bullying, hoping to dishearten the British in order to deter other prospective escapees”.

Likening the EU to the Soviet Union which lasted 70 years, he continued, “The project is 61 years old this month”.
“Absence of cultural reproduction suggests that, like its older sibling, the Soviet Union, it should not outlast a human lifespan”.

UNQUOTE

Well, there we have it. Can it even evolve? In my opinion, the EU is a German controlled pseudo communist state that the majority of people have been sleepwalking into since 1997! Can anyone see that it mirrors East Germany before the wall came down and is presided over by German interests and a German Chancellor! I honestly don’t believe it is capable of ever evolving,

The whole EU project has been based on the deception that is all about trade when Leavers know it is about politics and the agenda of Globalist business cartels.
It has no democratic mandate for its attacks on Nation state democracy and attempts to dismantle the indigenous cultures of each Nation.

As their scheming plans are now being rejected, they treat democracy and freedom of speech with disdain and an obstacle rather than something that should be respected.

It happened to the Soviet Union, it happened to East Germany. I believe it WILL happen with the EU. I don’t ever wish them to be on their knees, but they need to change. And change fast if it is ever to survive.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow

Now, back to reality, Yes I saw the show and it was cringeworthy.
Utterly predictable bias from C4 on a poll that spoke to just 35 or so people in each constituency.
Unsurprisingly they got the result they wanted.
Such a biassed outcome, when addressing people randomly in the street, is only feasable when remainers are out, shopping or whatever, and leavers are behind closed doors. At least, not in the streets.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 08:29 PM

Sincere apologies everyone. That last post was meant to be a new thread and I forgot to press new thread... Oops. hope its ok to leave it on this one.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

06-11-2018, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Does anyone believe the EU will eventually collapse? Or will it be forced to evolve?
I wouldn't dare to disagree with such a distinguished fellow countryman. He still speaks dutch, although as a former immigrant he has been living in the UK his whole live. I met him a year ago in alkmaar.

Prins is convinced the EU is eroding, and several people on this forum agree. Remainers too. But thanks to the brexit the EU will have to evolve. Evolution invariably leads to the the destinction of lateral ofsplitting branches.
So yes, the people of continental europe should be grateful for your sacrifice to enable the EU to evolve and survive.
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
His Smugness returns.

How about you answering that question I put to you about you suppling us with a list of those countries who have categorically stated they do not wish to do a free trade deal with the UK post Brexit?

Still waiting for that list.....Tick Tock !!

Still trying to reverse the question I gave you? it won't work no matter how many ticks and tock's you present sunshine.

The original question was (actually I think it was your poodle who said, there are countries queuing up to do trade deals with us post brexit) all I asked was who are they? Not a hard question, even for you, if they exist.
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
One thing I love about Nigel is he is so fair on his radio shows everyone gets a fair time and he will allow all opinions a turn. It's quite sad to hear he isn't being afforded the same on other shows.

Do you mean Arron Banks lap dog?
itsme
Wigan UK

06-11-2018, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
blah, blah, blah, blah.
Looks like my assessment is right then seeing as you haven't come up with anything rational as usual.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by itsme ->
Do you mean Arron Banks lap dog?
I mean Nigel Farage who should if there was any justice get a knighthood.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 11:21 PM

Whilst I agree the EU needs to change course (and we should have been in there changing it!), it cannot be compared to the Soviet Union. I don't care how qualified this chap is, it's a stupid comparison. It's an expedient example because it also grabs the attention of people on the same side of the debate who love controversial comparisons. Reminds me of the brexit bus.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top