Join for free
Page 4 of 11 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2018, 07:57 PM

Re: Roy orbison

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I love his version of Danny Boy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7j3...lkMQ2YHI61FtJV
Beautiful version there Twinkle, my old man {fil} used to sing a great version most Sunday afternoons down the CIU workmans club.
Richmond
United Kingdom
Richmond is female  Richmond has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2019, 05:28 PM

IN DREAMS

toners
Cheshire
toners is male  toners has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2019, 03:40 PM

Didn't see this thread at first but a lovely tribute to a legend.
toners
Cheshire
toners is male  toners has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2019, 03:53 PM

This video is different - it shows a hidden part of Roy- it seems like some real hidden pain and emotion- I think after he and his first wife split up after her infidelities. It also shows his eyes without the really dark glasses.

Richmond
United Kingdom
Richmond is female  Richmond has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2019, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by toners ->
Didn't see this thread at first but a lovely tribute to a legend.
Thank you Toners -- yes - a great performer - a big fan.
Richmond
United Kingdom

01-02-2019, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by toners ->
This video is different - it shows a hidden part of Roy- it seems like some real hidden pain and emotion- I think after he and his first wife split up after her infidelities. It also shows his eyes without the really dark glasses.

Thank you for this lovely Post Toners -- I agree - it is a real touching performance.....which I think is very much expressing his pain at
the break up of his marriage - and also unusual, as you note,
it does show his eyes.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2019, 06:43 PM

Loving this , thankyou
toners
Cheshire

01-02-2019, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by Richmond ->
Thank you for this lovely Post Toners -- I agree - it is a real touching performance.....which I think is very much expressing his pain at
the break up of his marriage - and also unusual, as you note,
it does show his eyes.
A lovely song Richmond- yes very emotional.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2019, 10:20 AM

Roy had a terribly sad life his music reflects that , poor guy lost his first wife then i belive his two sons died in a house fire while he was away working. He did find happiness again with his second wife and two more sons . He suffered much though .

I may be wrong but i thought it was said in a documentary i watched 'in dreams' was written for his first wife and children who died .

He is a legend
toners
Cheshire

02-02-2019, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by Richmond ->
Thank you Toners -- yes - a great performer - a big fan.
Whoops - sorry Richmond - i didn't notice that you posted this vid at the start of the thread!

Page 4 of 11 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top