Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2018, 09:50 AM

Re: Remainers will be proud

Originally Posted by Judd ->
A bit of a pointless appointment as he will have no say in any further negotiations (if any), he's just there (apparently) to "focus on domestic preparations for Brexit".

The BBC `understands` - in other words just a bit of unsubstantiated gossip, that Andrea Leadsom is trying to get Appeaser May to change some aspects of the draft document, primarily about the NI/Irish border. That should go down well in Brussels.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-46243745
I thought he might be there to carry the civil servants bags. I can't see any other need for him.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2018, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I thought he might be there to carry the civil servants bags. I can't see any other need for him.
Clearly a 'yes man', put in place to appear to support whatever May says.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2018, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Who is Stephen Barclay? New Brexit Secretary, but PM will now negotiate with EU.
With a name like Barclay, I wonder if her's a Banker?
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2018, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
With a name like Barclay, I wonder if her's a Banker?

Barclay is the youngest of three brothers. His father was a trade union official, and his mother worked in the civil service.[5]

He was brought up in Lancashire, and educated at King Edward VII School, a co-educational independent school in Lytham St Annes. After completing his A levels, he joined the army on a Gap Year Commission, attending the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst and served as a Second Lieutenant with the Royal Regiment of Fusiliers for five months.[6][7] After this he read history at Peterhouse, Cambridge and later studied at the College of Law, Chester, qualifying as a solicitor in 1998.[5]

If his farther was a trade union official, what the hell is he doing in the nasty party?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2018, 11:36 AM

Sabotaging it hopefully.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top