Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2018, 09:32 PM

Re: Taking things easier.

Spin Diamond Life on that turntable.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2018, 09:47 PM

I have always been quite calm
If some thing riles me I can usually talk myself calm in my head
It takes a lot to make me blow but then it happens it's like a bomb explosion!

My only problem is Floydy .. I work with teenagers with their angst and hormone upheaval and anger and acute sense of fairness and self-centred worlds on a daily basis
They stress me out sometimes
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2018, 10:27 PM

I still get worked up about somethings but I keep them to myself.I now realize it's a waste of time trying to change someone's opinion.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2018, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by Nicol ->
It's maturity Floydy, the realisation that none of this trivial crap really matters at all.

I'm the first to admit that sometimes I get wound up about certain things, when that happens these days I tend to take a step back (if it's online I take a break) and attempt to get some perspective. In my younger days I would more than likely become combative and argumentative.

I just find there's not very much worth getting wound up about these days and walking away or ignoring the crap is the easiest (and safest) option.
That's me to a tee, Nicol. Took me a long while to grow up I guess!

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Floydy, l can understand how you are feeling. I think it is a type of disillusionment and you walk away because you just can’t be bothered, especially when it’s a load of trivia!
Yes Art, I just lose interest these days and move on. Best way really, otherwise you get stuck in a slanging match (don't we know lol)

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
My only problem is Floydy .. I work with teenagers with their angst and hormone upheaval and anger and acute sense of fairness and self-centred worlds on a daily basis
They stress me out sometimes
Oh I don't envy you at all with your job, Rhian. At least I can run away and hide in the warehouse!

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Spin Diamond Life on that turntable.
That's about my limit, or preferably some mellow Chris Rea or The Alan Parsons Project, d00d
When I end up listening to Dido songs and staring at the wallpaper in an anodyne stupor then it's time to have a rethink on life itself!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2018, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Oh, Floydy my hubby is so laid back is almost horizontal.
Just as well, cos I am all over the place.

Loud people make me jump!!!
BOOOOO!!!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2018, 10:43 PM

Floydy, I think you are falling into line with the rest of the idle barstewards.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2018, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Floydy, I think you are falling into line with the rest of the idle barstewards.
Haha. Well in some respects I'd agree mate but with a busy work schedule and trying to fit in so much within my three-hour afternoons, I don't have time to be lazy. Weekends are my total chill time where I can do anything I like cos I've earned it
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2018, 10:52 PM

Floydy, I think you know, the epitome of work.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

08-11-2018, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Floydy, I think you know, the epitome of work.
That's a very rude word mate. Not 'epitome', but the last word......when I'm about to start it again in a few minutes time.
However - last night tonight then freedom till Monday!!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

08-11-2018, 10:59 PM

I remember that philosophy, back in the 80s.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top