Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2018, 03:10 PM

Beautiful nails

You see a lot of lovely nails now-days. Well manicured, polished with awesome colours.

I can't wear nail polish as my nails are always splitting and breaking. I am a hard worker so I am always doing things that are hard on the hands and nails.

Is it hard to tell who has artificial nails and who have their own?

I would love to have beautiful nails, but I don't think it will ever happen. I hate to see people biting their nails. My mom used to do that, and I would always tell her to stop..

Do you bit your nails?
Do they grow easily?
Do you paint them?

(I think short stubby nails look horrible if they are painted)
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2018, 03:16 PM

Re: Beautiful nails

I do take care of mine ' I clean them and file them ' I have loads of nail colours ' into winter colours atm ; dont like hooked nails -or false ones - keep mine medium length ' and toe nails all the same colour ..
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2018, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Maddy ->
I do take care of mine ' I clean them and file them ' I have loads of nail colours ' into winter colours atm ; dont like hooked nails -or false ones - keep mine medium length ' and toe nails all the same colour ..
Maddy do you do it all yourself or do you go to have them professional done sometimes?
(I love the colours they have these days)...
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2018, 03:35 PM

I'm afraid I've never done pretty things with my nails, not my thing really.

I have always been around animals and livestock - sheep/goats/poultry and horses in my younger days - or busy growing things/gardening, so pretty nails would be useless, as well as quickly ruined.

I keep mine clean, and filed, and that's about it. Sorry ladies.
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2018, 03:37 PM

Hi and good morning Blue...I have in the past had mani's and pedi's at the salon and loved every, pampering, moment of it. However, since hubby's accident and having to pay for two dwellings...I've needed to become frugal and give up some things, that aren't essentials... I don't mind though, it's easy enough, to do my fingernails and toenails all by myself... with a steady hand...but NOT always...
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

12-11-2018, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Beautiful Filly ->
Hi and good morning Blue...I have in the past had mani's and pedi's at the salon and loved every, pampering, moment of it. However, since hubby's accident and having to pay for two dwellings...I've needed to become frugal and give up some things, that aren't essentials... I don't mind though, it's easy enough, to do my fingernails and toenails all by myself... with a steady hand...but NOT always...
Hi Filly,

Yes, I can remember when you used to get manis and pedis a lot, in fact, I think it was you that convinced me to try it one year. I love having a pedi because my toe nails are good, but I only had a mani that one year.... Have a good day Filly......I am off now.
See ya on the flip side!
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2018, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
Hi Filly,

Yes, I can remember when you used to get manis and pedis a lot, in fact, I think it was you that convinced me to try it one year. I love having a pedi because my toe nails are good, but I only had a mani that one year.... Have a good day Filly......I am off now.
See ya on the flip side!

Oh yes, Blue...the pedi is my favourite and my nails are in good shape too. It probably was me that talked you into trying it...

You have a good day too, Blue...
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2018, 04:25 PM

My nails haven't been quite the same since I was ill, but I do like a nice blue or green nail polish on finger nails and toe nails.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

14-11-2018, 02:49 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
My nails haven't been quite the same since I was ill, but I do like a nice blue or green nail polish on finger nails and toe nails.
Hi Julie, I too like the blues and greens.

Funny you should say that (about Illness)......I have been wondering why I have such a hard time growing my nails, they always crack and break. Must be like you say here, it is because I have been so ill for the last to years. I didn't make the connection, so thanks Julie, for bringing that thought forward.....

Blue X
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 06:46 AM

I like *Essie* nail polish in a very pale pink , I do them myself and the colour lasts ages.
I used to go the nail bar ,but haven"t bothered much lately

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top