Join for free
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2018, 02:39 PM

Student loan change adds £12bn to deficit

It's about time this issue was in the public eye. I was wondering when they were going to address the massive gap between student loans issued and student loans repaid.

Currently shown as £12bn but I wonder how understated that is. It's probably a drip feed of information over time and this is the start.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-46591500

What is the point of abolishing grants to the most needy if you end up with this instead?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2018, 03:17 PM

Re: Student loan change adds £12bn to deficit

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
It's about time this issue was in the public eye. I was wondering when they were going to address the massive gap between student loans issued and student loans repaid.

Currently shown as £12bn but I wonder how understated that is. It's probably a drip feed of information over time and this is the start.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-46591500

What is the point of abolishing grants to the most needy if you end up with this instead?

Ahhh but there was another very subtle piece of news the other day too, the scumbag 'nasty party' have managed to sell off to a private company the administration of student loans.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2018, 03:21 PM

Wasn't that subtle I heard about it.
Disgraceful.
However many will NEVER repay their debt as they will never earn enough.
So it will be a deficit.
My son has paid off his loan even though he has never earned enough to need to.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2018, 04:33 PM

They are masters at manipulation of figures all parties do it too. They pretend people pay for their education but try to slip it past us most never do. They need to address the fees firstly as many degree courses are really not worth the money, less than two lectures a week some get and they pay £9000 for the two year course !

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top