Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2019, 02:24 PM

Re: Meet the man fighting anti vaxxers

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I'm not afraid for me I am protected
Sadly that's patently untrue as the available facts clearly show. That you still believe you are somehow protected is tragic.

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I am afraid for society which if we don't protect ourselves could be decimated by a bad flu epidemic.
It will be decimated either way because there does not currently exist any vaccine against flu with any level of useful efficacy.

Nevertheless, it is the right of every individual to manage their own chances and to refuse these untested, useless and harmful flu vaccines. They should never become mandatory
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2019, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
I'm puzzled. What does anaesthetic have to do with vaccines? Another reason the article was poor imo.
I think he was referring to medical advances and research realist suggesting that without those advances there would be no anaesthetic.... he sees vaccines as part of that.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2019, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I think he was referring to medical advances and research realist suggesting that without those advances there would be no anaesthetic.... he sees vaccines as part of that.
That simply generalisation.

It's like saying that if we accept that nuclear fusion is a good scientific advancement then "by association" we must also accept that nuclear bombs are also a good thing.

It was and still is a ridiculous statement to put in an article that was dealing with anti-vaccination supporters and damages its credibility. The guy responsible is selling books for goodness sake so its no surprise the content has poor credibility.

Most people who are against some of the vaccines are very well versed in the science and detail. They know the ingredients in the vaccines, have looked at countless studies and other research and have very grave concerns. Those concerns have strong grounds in many cases.

Attempts to denigrate those people by labelling them with terms like "anti-vaxxers" and using sensationalist clap trap rather than hard evidence is frankly puerile. However the industry is a multi trillion dollar one so they will do and say whatever it takes to protect their lucrative business.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top