Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2018, 10:57 PM

Re: I met this handsome chap today!

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Yes it is a lovely idea Tabs. It hopefully helps the pup settle first night away from Mum and siblings.
I used to do the same for my pups, though not a teddy.

Sometimes I think people don't give it much thought that it is the first time these wee ones have ever slept alone.
It must be scary for them when they wake during the night and everything familiar has gone and they are alone in strange place.
No wonder they often cry at first is it.

Like his festive jumper.
It must be a horrible time for them (the first night alone) after spending time with their brother and sisters. Luckily it doesn't last very long when they get attention from their new owners. I always feel really sorry for them though; and the ones left behind.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2018, 11:01 PM

Awww.... it looks like a schnauzer. Very cute. I love schnauzers.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2018, 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
It must be a horrible time for them (the first night alone) after spending time with their brother and sisters. Luckily it doesn't last very long when they get attention from their new owners. I always feel really sorry for them though; and the ones left behind.
Never a problem for my puppies they sleep in a box next to my bed where the breathing of another 'creature' is soothing and the touch of a hand reassuring.
It is also a fast track to house training. A puppy in a small area will be reluctant to soil in its bed so will cry if it wakes and needs to go out.
Pick up puppy/place on lawn/ praise for a result and both back in bed within minutes. Happy puppy happy owner.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2018, 01:50 AM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Awww.... it looks like a schnauzer. Very cute. I love schnauzers.
Yes - he is a mini version. Very friendly and cuddly!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2018, 01:56 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Never a problem for my puppies they sleep in a box next to my bed where the breathing of another 'creature' is soothing and the touch of a hand reassuring.
It is also a fast track to house training. A puppy in a small area will be reluctant to soil in its bed so will cry if it wakes and needs to go out.
Pick up puppy/place on lawn/ praise for a result and both back in bed within minutes. Happy puppy happy owner.
Sounds like a good idea, Meg. I have never had to 'house train' as cats come already trained by their mums!

This little chappie was partially trained by the breeder - which has made life easier for his new owners. He starts at 'puppy school' after Christmas.

His owners also have two cats - the eldest just ignores him and pretends he is not there. The other plays with him!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top