Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2019, 12:44 PM

Escape at Dannemora (Sky Atlantic)

A new 'prison break' series started on Sky Atlantic last night. A bit of a slow burner but the acting is excellent, so it kept my attention. Based on a true story.

https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv...Sweat-New-York
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2019, 05:18 PM

Re: Escape at Dannemora (Sky Atlantic)

LD, this did happen in my state. The original murders were horrible, and I was working with the State Police at the time of the prison breakout. I will have to watch this to see how closely the story is to truth.
The true story is simple, men with no conscience, who got what they deserved, but it will never replace the lives lost.

Hard to accept there are people in this world so cruel and calculating.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2019, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by Right Now ->
LD, this did happen in my state. The original murders were horrible, and I was working with the State Police at the time of the prison breakout. I will have to watch this to see how closely the story is to truth.
The true story is simple, men with no conscience, who got what they deserved, but it will never replace the lives lost.

Hard to accept there are people in this world so cruel and calculating.
Yes, please watch RN and let us know if Ben Stiller has done a good job in relating the story. I understand he used the real prison for filming too.
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2019, 04:22 AM

I will find it here in the States, and watch it. Hope you are enjoying the story as it is presented.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

03-01-2019, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by Right Now ->
I will find it here in the States, and watch it. Hope you are enjoying the story as it is presented.
Yes, mainly because of the acting, I am a fan of Paul Dano and Patricia Arquette is also doing a good job.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2019, 12:44 PM

I have just finished watching all 8 episodes of this fascinating story. It happened very recently (2015), and I believe Ben Stiller the director, did a good job on staying true to the real story. Excellent performances from, Del Toro, Arquette and Dano. It is amazing how they would put a woman in charge of a group of some pretty desperate men, most of whom were murderers. Incredibly, Stiller did get permission to film at the actual location, including the real manhole cover they made their escape through. Catch this one if you can.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

07-01-2019, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by John ->
I have just finished watching all 8 episodes of this fascinating story. It happened very recently (2015), and I believe Ben Stiller the director, did a good job on staying true to the real story. Excellent performances from, Del Toro, Arquette and Dano. It is amazing how they would put a woman in charge of a group of some pretty desperate men, most of whom were murderers. Incredibly, Stiller did get permission to film at the actual location, including the real manhole cover they made their escape through. Catch this one if you can.
That sounds promising. Episode 2 on tomorrow (Tuesday). I wish I could stream this and binge watch.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2019, 01:46 PM

On my Now TV box, you get all the episodes together. This applies to most programme series. An extra plus is, there are no adverts at all. One small gripe, four episodes were subtitled, the other four not. Need to turn up the sound a bit!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

07-01-2019, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by John ->
On my Now TV box, you get all the episodes together. This applies to most programme series. An extra plus is, there are no adverts at all. One small gripe, four episodes were subtitled, the other four not. Need to turn up the sound a bit!
That's weird. Almost like they forgot.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

15-01-2019, 11:22 PM

Just watched episode three and loved the ending. Matt (Del Toro) had appeared reasonably normal up to that point.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top