Join for free
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 05:45 PM

Re: Jacob Rees-Mogg

Just another duplicitous self serving politician and not the gentleman he tries to purport to be. Personally I cannot stand the bloke.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 05:47 PM

Typical Southern middle class public schoolboy in it solely for his own gain like the rest of 'em.
They're all the same. Draining our hard worked cash from us to feed their priveledged lives.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 06:04 PM

Yes, JRM is a bit quaint, but thank God we have at least one politician who speaks up for Britain

It was also nice to see a TV interview or discussion that was fairly civilised and did not degenerate into a shouting match, like Question Time and others, despite the attempts of that irritating woman.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
Yes, JRM is a bit quaint, but thank God we have at least one politician who speaks up for Britain

It was also nice to see a TV interview or discussion that was fairly civilised and did not degenerate into a shouting match, like Question Time and others, despite the attempts of that irritating woman.
But does he speak up for Britain? How in touch is he with the lives of working men and women in shops and factories trying to earn an honest living to simply survive each month?
I'm sorry but I don't buy any of their promises. All politics is is a slanging match against the opposite party. The general public, unless they are deemed "valuable" with cash to spend are left to fend for themselves.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Just another duplicitous self serving politician and not the gentleman he tries to purport to be. Personally I cannot stand the bloke.
Hi

I agree Barry.

A man who takes the vast majority of his money in dividends, thus avoiding Income Tax, dividends being taxed at a lower rate than Income Tax.

This is the same system as is used by the odious Sir Phillip
Green.

His company is controlled by subsidiaries in the British Virgin Isles and Singapore, both tax havens.

He is not required to disclose his income from dividends.

In addition he is paid slightly over £20,000 a month for 30 hours a month work for the company.

This he does declare and pay tax on.

In addition to his views on homosexuality, gay marriage and abortion, he is also a big supporter of zero hours contracts and has consistently voted against increasing Benefits in line with inflation.

He will not suffer from Brexit at all.

His company has opened an office in Dublin to continue trading in the EU.

I do not hold the man in high regard.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I agree Barry.

A man who takes the vast majority of his money in dividends, thus avoiding Income Tax, dividends being taxed at a lower rate than Income Tax.

This is the same system as is used by the odious Sir Phillip
Green.

His company is controlled by subsidiaries in the British Virgin Isles and Singapore, both tax havens.

He is not required to disclose his income from dividends.

In addition he is paid slightly over £20,000 a month for 30 hours a month work for the company.

This he does declare and pay tax on.

In addition to his views on homosexuality, gay marriage and abortion, he is also a big supporter of zero hours contracts and has consistently voted against increasing Benefits in line with inflation.

He will not suffer from Brexit at all.

His company has opened an office in Dublin to continue trading in the EU.

I do not hold the man in high regard.
What on earth, has money got to do with it?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
What on earth, has money got to do with it?
Hi

Politicians should set an example and pay their taxes.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Politicians should set an example and pay their taxes.
Swimmy, Even you, yourself has averted paying taxes, you have admitted it on this forum!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
He’s a funny looking thing and really belongs to the 1930/40’s era but l quite love him and he talks a lot of sense!
Agreed.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 06:44 PM

The last time I saw him out and about, he was getting into a large vehicle which was parked across the disabled bays in a car park, blocking my car in.

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top