Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 11:21 PM

Re: Teresa May is voted down .

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
I'd like to see the list of the 202 who voted for it, so they can explain to their constituents "why".
Here you are Dex...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46885027
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
In a weird macabre peculiar kind of way that I hardly understand, I'm finding it quite exciting.

Am I a bit odd?
No not odd Ruthio, you've noticed the government earning their exhorbitant wages and actually doing something for a change.....
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 11:26 PM

On a lighter note that's the 39 billion off the table.

Squeeky bum time for the EU
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 11:30 PM

In a weird macabre peculiar kind of way that I hardly understand, I'm finding it quite exciting.

Am I a bit odd?
Not at all ruthio. During the Falklands war we learnt about Exocets, Seacats and the battle of Goose Green; now it's Brexit, Borders and Backstops.

This is all too important to be taken seriously.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 11:32 PM

My MP voted against and was originally a remainer.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 11:32 PM

Having listened to much of the debate in the commons which I found quite impressive and even moving on occasions I am not at all surprised the vote was lost with such a large majority. There were so many persuasive views against the deal which made it seem in our eagerness to come up with something we were accepting second best and signing up to years of uncertainty.

I hope the events of today help to concentrate minds on all sides to enable some agreement to be reached that offerers a reasonable deal for all.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 11:33 PM

Am I a bit odd?
I feel the same, Ruthio.
While Brexit normally bores me senseless, we now have a hell of a quandary.

What I cannot figure out is that the EU have said we are to be out of the European Union with no question of coming back. Meanwhile people are wanting another referendum....are we in limbo then?
Britain has been told we're out but the remainers want another vote.

Doesn't make any sense to me. Will someone please explain in simple terms what happens now?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

15-01-2019, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
On a lighter note that's the 39 billion off the table.

Squeeky bum time for the EU
Yes, at least that is something we have saved.
Steve 4
New Member!
United Kingdom
Steve 4 is male 

15-01-2019, 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Quelle surprise!
Parliament has voted the deal down ... Mrs May was never going to win as the Conservatives don't want to leave the EU and Labour just want an Election. . But no one is able to understand Parliament gave the people a vote which was leave .. so as far as I am aware leave with a deal or not .. we the people voted leave .. not how so if they don't want to do as we said quit their jobs make way for others that understand leave is leave
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 11:50 PM

So, next is:

1) Article 50 is entended, no question

2) More media manipulation and brainwashing

3) More pretence of trying to negotitate an EU Exit that isn't really an Exit

4) General Election

5) Hung Parliament

Another year will pass by and we'll still be nowhere.

Bottom line, they ain't ever gonna let us leave the EU

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top