Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 07:05 PM

Re: A Genuine Question for Remain Posters

My genuine question for remainers would be

Happy now you’ve screwed up brexit ??? Because we will never ever EVER forgive you
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 07:11 PM

Erm are you assessing voters or MPs with that comment marmaduke?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 07:16 PM

Strangely, if the country goes to the dogs after Brexit the remainers will never forgive the Brexiteers. So why don't they want things to be done carefully?

This is why folk don't like posting their genuine concerns.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 07:42 PM

Two things make me sad;

1) The fact that Cameron had never prepared for a leave vote and it seems like nobody had ever considered it a possibility.... so how can they represent the people who voted them in, if they have no idea what the people want?

2) Why, when the result of a democratic vote has been established, can't all of our MPs work together to achieve the best result for the country... by discussing what we should have been negotiating with the EU?

It seems to me that every MP thinks they know what is best, but how can anybody know what is best when a situation like this has never occurred before?

Once again they have lost the ability to work together & do their best for this country to succeed.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Two things make me sad;

1) The fact that Cameron had never prepared for a leave vote and it seems like nobody had ever considered it a possibility.... so how can they represent the people who voted them in, if they have no idea what the people want?

2) Why, when the result of a democratic vote has been established, can't all of our MPs work together to achieve the best result for the country... by discussing what we should have been negotiating with the EU?

It seems to me that every MP thinks they know what is best, but how can anybody know what is best when a situation like this has never occurred before?

Once again they have lost the ability to work together & do their best for this country to succeed.
Couldn't put it better than that, Twink. You should be in charge, banging their heads together.
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 07:58 PM

As soon as you stated “the traitorous plotting of remain MPs or my indicated a closed mind
I’m not sure that there is any legal obligation that compels MPs to support the decision of an advisory referendum and it was just advisory as clearly stated in the referendum bill.

Recent events has revealed that a number of Conservatives including Theresa May voted against and tried to stop the formation of the Welsh Assembly which was against the determination of the referendum on the matter

No action was taken against those Conservatives not had there been any suggestion by the authorities that MPs who vote against Brexit are traitors

In this country we have a parliamentary Democracy and the people are not Sovereign. MPs are free to vote as they please although party politics and whips exert influence over that will.

So to answer your question, I respect the Badidbof Parliamentary Democracy and the right to free speach an the right to opposition in Parliament

Whilst the leavers on this forum think that democracy is being highjacked there are many in this country that think it already has been

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...cked-democracy
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 08:02 PM

[QUOTE=Twink55;1617870]Two things make me sad;

It seems to me that every MP thinks they know what is best, but how can anybody know what is best when a situation like this has never occurred before? UNQUOTE

apologies Twink, have accidentally deleted the last sentence in your quote. Slap my hand!

One could also ask: why didn't Cameron, instead of peddling Project Fear before the referendum, be honest as our Prime Minister and inform the people of all the virtues of remaining rather than the rubbish about leaving ? I cannot remember once hearing Cameron and his cabinet telling us anything positive about remaining in the EU. Was that because there wasn't anything? or did he take a decision that he would benefit more by threatening potential Leave voters with plague and pestilence if we were stupid enough to vote to leave. It certainly was a bad decision on his part to treat the people as fools and hence the resulting vote. Maybe, just maybe, if he had acted like a proper statesman and told the truth from the beginning, been honest with the people, the referendum result may well have been different and we wouldn't be in the position we are in now with half the country against the other half over Brexit and our once proud House of Commons inmates acting like loonies!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 08:07 PM

They haven't been working together because May wouldn't let them.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
As soon as you stated “the traitorous plotting of remain MPs or my indicated a closed mind
I’m not sure that there is any legal obligation that compels MPs to support the decision of an advisory referendum and it was just advisory as clearly stated in the referendum bill.

Recent events has revealed that a number of Conservatives including Theresa May voted against and tried to stop the formation of the Welsh Assembly which was against the determination of the referendum on the matter

No action was taken against those Conservatives not had there been any suggestion by the authorities that MPs who vote against Brexit are traitors

In this country we have a parliamentary Democracy and the people are not Sovereign. MPs are free to vote as they please although party politics and whips exert influence over that will.

So to answer your question, I respect the Badidbof Parliamentary Democracy and the right to free speach an the right to opposition in Parliament

Whilst the leavers on this forum think that democracy is being highjacked there are many in this country that think it already has been

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...cked-democracy
One wonders if you would have been quite so pious in your belief of "an advisory referendum" if the result had been in the remain camp's favour?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I am actually, starting to think that the EU is a bit sinister, not that I think we are doing the right thing but, I'm wondering if there is anyway we could leave ...

Hotel California and the Hellfire Club, someone will write a song about this soon!
I'm sure that if May gets her way and keeps us in the EU by stealth, we'd never have the chance to get out again.

As I've said before, I firmly believe that the EU is destined to collapse. The writing is on the wall. If we are a full member when that happens, we shall be responsible for part of the enormous losses, probably more than most of the member countries and more than likely more than our old friend France who seem to be very good at wriggling out of things.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top