Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 01:24 PM

Re: Want To Lose Your Vote?

The only people to blame are ourselves! Over the years we have allowed young people to have freedom of choice, but sadly they have little experience of life & spend most of their time being influenced by others on social media.

The remarks made by Jamelia just demonstrate how little she understands about equality for all..... something many of our generation fought long and hard for!

I really doubt that many people can look back on their lives and say they didn't make wrong decisions when they were young, but making the wrong decisions on political issues can spoil things for everybody.... not just yourself.

I wonder if she is trying to blame older people because she has a failing career?
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 01:31 PM

I doubt having a family member being a murdering member of one of London's Gangs does much for her career.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...uilty-13734009
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
The only people to blame are ourselves! Over the years we have allowed young people to have freedom of choice, but sadly they have little experience of life & spend most of their time being influenced by others on social media.

The remarks made by Jamelia just demonstrate how little she understands about equality for all..... something many of our generation fought long and hard for!

I really doubt that many people can look back on their lives and say they didn't make wrong decisions when they were young, but making the wrong decisions on political issues can spoil things for everybody.... not just yourself.

I wonder if she is trying to blame older people because she has a failing career?
That reminds me of being about 5 years old coming home and speaking back to my nan, when queried why, I said I had my own opinion and my teacher said no one should stop me talking. Nan marched into the school next day and said I also have an opinion and if you teach this child to speak back to me I'll be sending her to live with you until you realise children have no place talking to adults in that way. I was mortified but when I started parenting myself I realised just how right she was all those years ago.

Jamelia is ageist, she would be quick to pick people up if they were racist etc she needs to learn any ist is not to be tolerated not just ones affect her.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
Eh!!...bloody cheek...I didn't see it nor do I have a clue who She is,but I suppose like a lot of younger Folk We over 75s should just be invisible as We seem to scare Them..They just can't bear to think They'll be one of Us one day.

Signed
A scunnered (almost 76 yr old).

Her point of view may just be something scheming politicians might consider, that's the worry.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 02:50 PM

Listening to this fella, I think she might be right. The future of the UK should be left safely in his and his ilk's hands and their wisdom

May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->

Her point of view may just be something scheming politicians might consider, that's the worry.
wouldn't surprise Me Sue..but considering the state of things now,I may just decide never to vote again anyway.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 02:57 PM

Well with a stupid name like that she's got to be an idiot
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Well with a stupid name like that she's got to be an idiot
Sticks and stone may break her bones, but words will never persuade her that she might be wrong
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 03:39 PM

Hi

I think she was talking about voting on the X Factor.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 05:09 PM

Nothing much we could do if an an old age restriction was put into effect. Another guest on the show, suggested 16/17 year olds should have right to vote.

Jamelia could be suffering from Gerontophobia.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top