Join for free
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 02:14 PM

Re: Why the rich stay rich and the poor stay poor

Originally Posted by Realist ->
This from the thoroughly depressed guy having to work night shifts ! You couldn't make it up !
Any work is good realist you are loud about people making their own living and not relying on any help so should respect those who do any sort of work.

I don't think we actually need so many in top jobs and those of us content with the lower paid ones are pretty much more needed than the bosses. My boss can disappear for a month and no one notices I miss half an hour and it's noticed immediately they can't cope without me. Most cleaners and manual workers do tremendously necessary work, those pushing papers around not so much.

On another forum there is a guy would have written your post quite easily and thinks he's lucky he sits at home composing long tirades trying to teach rest of us futility of working. Found out a while ago he pees in a bottle and can't leave his home in case it's repossessed, I'm not suggesting that's you but it does make me wary of anyone saying we are conditioned etc our work is needed in society and that's all I need to know.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 03:37 PM

Superb post, Julie. You're same as me - you live in the real world, not one dictated through Wikipedia lol
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Any work is good realist you are loud about people making their own living and not relying on any help so should respect those who do any sort of work.

I don't think we actually need so many in top jobs and those of us content with the lower paid ones are pretty much more needed than the bosses. My boss can disappear for a month and no one notices I miss half an hour and it's noticed immediately they can't cope without me. Most cleaners and manual workers do tremendously necessary work, those pushing papers around not so much.

On another forum there is a guy would have written your post quite easily and thinks he's lucky he sits at home composing long tirades trying to teach rest of us futility of working. Found out a while ago he pees in a bottle and can't leave his home in case it's repossessed, I'm not suggesting that's you but it does make me wary of anyone saying we are conditioned etc our work is needed in society and that's all I need to know.
Well said Julie...and You made Me laugh...but why is He peeing in a bottle?..does He drink it?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
Well said Julie...and You made Me laugh...but why is He peeing in a bottle?..does He drink it?
Had his water turned off so he has no flushable loo, one of those little things those of us working pay for, I believe he chucks it in his rubbish. Pretty yuk IMO I prefer my evening job and a proper flushing loo.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 05:17 PM

Hi

I work hard at becoming rich.

I walk to the shop to get a lottery ticket.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Where did I not respect those working? Making stuff up again Julie in order to make an argument?

I've been quite clear. Those complaining that the rich get richer and the poor get poorer have choices. They can put their life efforts towards relatively unproductive things or they can have a rethink and put their efforts towards things that generate abundance.
Vaniy
Spain
Vaniy is male  Vaniy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 06:12 PM

This Rich poor thing is all a matter of degrees

What may be rich to one person is a pauper to another and vice a versa

It all depends what you want and expect out of life

I don't consider myself rich but others might because of where I live and that I retired at the age of 57
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by Vaniy ->

I don't consider myself rich but others might because of where I live and that I retired at the age of 57
I think that is a good point. we can make a good living by working hard but I don't think we can be Billionaire rich by working hard. that is achieved by making others work hard and paying them as little as you can get away with.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by Vaniy ->

Totally agree. Rich/poor are subjective terms.

I consider myself rich. I don't have a great deal of money, but I have a 4 bedroomed detached house which I own outright. I packed work in at age 48. I have a decent pension. I have few wants and desires and am content to just be. I am relatively free. I get up when I want, I do what I want, I go where I want. I no longer wear a watch. Time is of no interest to me. I have no schedules to keep.

There are people with far more money than myself but who are still working, still paying off mortgages and debts. Good luck to them. When they get old and realise none of their possessions can go with them they will realise, too late, that there were more important things in life to be concentrating on than making money.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

18-01-2019, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I think that is a good point. we can make a good living by working hard but I don't think we can be Billionaire rich by working hard. that is achieved by making others work hard and paying them as little as you can get away with.
Making millions and billions is about understanding how money works, how financial cycles work and it's about looking for and exploiting opportunities. You can become a millionaire just by investing in the right companies or by buying the right assets (like properties) at the right time.

Millionaires are not living their lives according to their childhood and teenage conditioning. They have broken out of that and are going their own way. They're not working for other people, they are finding ways to generate abundance themselves.

ETA: And they are probably good at finding ways to avoid paying taxes too !

Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top