Join for free
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 05:10 PM

Garforth Garden Centre.

Have put this here rather than in gardening section because it is not really about gardening.

Went on trip to this place yesterday with three friends as it was rumoured to have a good 'Craft Shop' in store and we wanted to check it out. On arrival - we decided to check the cafe/restaurant first. It was very busy - good sign. Looked at the menu board and nearly needed resuscitating - egg mayonnaise sandwich - with no frills or furbelows - £5:99! Are they mad or what. I may not be a true 'Yorkshire Lass' but have lived here long enough to not like being ripped off. Given the eggs, oil, and a loaf of bread I could make a dozen sandwiches for that price! Settled for a bowl of Leek and Potato soup with crusty roll and butter for the more moderate price of £4:75p. If we ever go again - I will take a picnic.

However - the crafty bit was really good - lots to chose from - and, best of all, they were having a sale. 50% off most craft items. I stocked up on glues and gilding flakes, and bought a couple of dies.

The rest of the store was - well - a garden centre - with plants and things and prices very similar to other garden centres.

But - at one end - they were selling off their Christmas stuff - and they had some of the most beautiful decorations I have ever seen - had to be dragged out of there by my hair!

It was a lovely day out - here's a linky in case anyone wants more information.

https://www.klondyke.co.uk/static/ga...en-centre.html
Vaniy
Spain
Vaniy is male  Vaniy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 05:28 PM

Re: Garforth Garden Centre.

Are we talking about Garforth Cliffe?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 05:35 PM

Garforth - near Leeds.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 07:43 PM

I've found that most resteraunts/cafes in garden centres or other places similar, around here, have astronomically inflatedly priced menus. In some the food at best is mediocre too.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 07:46 PM

If you have a loyalty card with these garden centres, you get sent some really good offers on food.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 09:22 PM

This:
https://www.notcutts.co.uk/pws/Store...e&page=store19
is a lovely garden centre.

You might imagine that being in posh Woodford it might be prohibitively expensive, but it isn't, although they did have a sale on when we visited.

They also have an excellent restaurant. We each had an afternoon tea.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 09:28 PM

Menu looks amazing Silver Tabby, a visit is imminent....
Vaniy
Spain
Vaniy is male  Vaniy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 10:41 AM

Yes ST Garforth you mean the garden center on top of the hill

They used to have a train that ran round in the summer

I used to pass it everyday when I worked in Leeds
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

19-01-2019, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Vaniy ->
Yes ST Garforth you mean the garden center on top of the hill

They used to have a train that ran round in the summer

I used to pass it everyday when I worked in Leeds

That's the one - lovely place, friendly staff, lots to look at.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top