Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 11:16 PM

Re: Really rough pubs

Crises come in many unexpected forms, and from nowhere, you just have to roll with them.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Do you wish to share something with us, Rehab? We promise we won't tell your friends
The restaurant is really good even though the clientele are a bit sqeally and look at me
Vaniy
Spain
Vaniy is male  Vaniy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2019, 05:42 PM

Floydy

Rough Pubs I'v played them all even in Hull

Not just pubs but clubs as well

I used to play in a pub called The Cherry Tree in Leeds Thursday night Grab a granny night oh they had some fights in there police would wait till they were over before they would turn up we used to legit behind the bar so we could drink and watch the scrapping

One night a fight between two women one pregnant she gave birth in the car park

Happy days its now a mosque
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2019, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by Vaniy ->
Floydy

Rough Pubs I'v played them all even in Hull

Not just pubs but clubs as well

I used to play in a pub called The Cherry Tree in Leeds Thursday night Grab a granny night oh they had some fights in there police would wait till they were over before they would turn up we used to legit behind the bar so we could drink and watch the scrapping

One night a fight between two women one pregnant she gave birth in the car park

Happy days its now a mosque
Ha yes, talking of police being called out to scrapping...
I was drinking a few years ago in a city centre pub in Hull when the atmosphere suddenly got really strange - sometimes you can sense that bad things are going to happen.
A bloke was eyeing up another bloke's girlfriend at the bar (I was standing opposite, people-watching), and the other fella tried to kiss this bloke's GF.
The GF's bloke threw his beer (lager of course) at him and suddenly there was punching and kicking and a big cloud of fists, feet and expletives. The girl had her stiletto off and whacked the other bloke with its heel, the shoe remaining in the guy's neck!
Blood everywhere, I pulled the GF away and pinned her bloke against the bar restraining him. No way could he move.
Police came in and the other bloke, blood pouring from his head just went for all three of the policemen. He floored one, booted another and then bouncers and about four other people managed to drag him out into a riot van.
Everyone went back inside and carried on drinking as if it was a regular event in that pub, which it actually still is.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2019, 11:21 PM

That sounds familiar.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 12:45 AM

There are only two pubs in our 'village' now, and both are 'football pubs' (they have screens everywhere showing football matches).

I drink at home!

Actually, we do go out for a drink from time to time, but further afield.

Marge drives - not so much because I insist on drinking, but because she regards me as being a driver of the Duke of Edinburgh school.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 02:39 AM

Most of the pubs I patronized have disappeared,rough and non rough.
I remember one,didn't have a bar but a hatch.It was only ever open when drinks were being served.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 04:40 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
That sounds familiar.
It was a pub called The Bass House which doesn't exist anymore thank God. A real rough hole which caused many problems by staying open until 4a.m. at the weekends.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

23-01-2019, 04:41 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
There are only two pubs in our 'village' now, and both are 'football pubs' (they have screens everywhere showing football matches).

I drink at home!

Actually, we do go out for a drink from time to time, but further afield.

Marge drives - not so much because I insist on drinking, but because she regards me as being a driver of the Duke of Edinburgh school.
You don't go to Moe's Tavern anymore then, JBR?
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 11:28 AM

I remember the Cherry Tree ...and the Fjord Green further down Vin... you took a risk playing there

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top