Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 08:43 PM

Lucky in life

Some people appear to be lucky in life as in successful and never seem to struggle, sailing through life with not much to worry about and some quite the opposite where bad luck seems to follow them around.

My husband and I have worked hard all our lives and still have some years left before we retire but life has always seemed hard and we've had to struggle just to make ends meet as there never seems to be much left at the end of the month after paying the bills. Obviously I know many, many people are just like us.

I have tried starting my own business a number of times and none of them were ever successful, I worked hard at making them work but they never took off

I heard someone once say that "we make our own luck in life"
Do you think that is true or do you think some people are just lucky or unlucky.

Look forward to responses x
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 09:10 PM

Re: Lucky in life

The Luckiest time for me was when I took my premature twins home.
I was told that they would never survive, so I think back on that, every time I think my luck is running out.

I also think that you appreciate things more if you have worked for them.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Some people appear to be lucky in life as in successful and never seem to struggle, sailing through life with not much to worry about and some quite the opposite where bad luck seems to follow them around.

My husband and I have worked hard all our lives and still have some years left before we retire but life has always seemed hard and we've had to struggle just to make ends meet as there never seems to be much left at the end of the month after paying the bills. Obviously I know many, many people are just like us.

I have tried starting my own business a number of times and none of them were ever successful, I worked hard at making them work but they never took off

I heard someone once say that "we make our own luck in life"
Do you think that is true or do you think some people are just lucky or unlucky.

Look forward to responses x
LQ, I am a great believer in, if it’s meant, it will be.
I am also a believer in, it’s better to have tried and failed than never to have tried at all.

Today, ln M&S, l passed a youngish girl being pushed in a wheelchair by a carer. The girl just grinned and l think that was all she would ever be able to do in her life.
At that moment, it put my selfish life into perspective and l realised, my life wasn’t so bad at all....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 09:15 PM

Just being superstitious is the wrong mindset for success Lion Queen....
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Just being superstitious is the wrong mindset for success Lion Queen....
Yet, PMA (Positive Mental Attitude) was the recipe for success for my ex partner. It made him millions!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
LQ, I am a great believer in, if it’s meant, it will be.
I am also a believer in, it’s better to have tried and failed than never to have tried at all.

Today, ln M&S, l passed a youngish girl being pushed in a wheelchair by a carer. The girl just grinned and l think that was all she would ever be able to do in her life.
At that moment, it put my selfish life into perspective and l realised, my life wasn’t so bad at all....
yes I know what you are saying, there is always someone worse off than ourselves Art. I was telling my son last night that we are lucky in life, we have our health which makes us rich looking at it like that.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Yet, PMA (Positive Mental Attitude) was the recipe for success for my ex partner. It made him millions!
Yes I believe that too Arty...
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

18-01-2019, 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
yes I know what you are saying, there is always someone worse off than ourselves Art. I was telling my son last night that we are lucky in life, we have our health which makes us rich looking at it like that.
I don't believe we have good luck or bad luck Lion Queen, we have choices, a run of good choices produces good results...

Life is not about being dealt a good hand of cards...
It's about making the best out of the hand you've already been dealt...
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 11:23 PM

Your lucky if at 60 your legs still work the way they did at 16, and if your brain is still in control of stuff, forget the cash.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

18-01-2019, 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Your lucky if at 60 your legs still work the way they did at 16, and if your brain is still in control of stuff, forget the cash.
Yep.....Legs still work the way they did at 16 Spitty......Just slower!..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top