Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 10:51 AM

Re: Online Brexit petition

Originally Posted by marmaduke ->
This deal thing is and always has been a smoke screen , a delaying tactic .... and somehow has been forced upon the nation , hard Brexit soft brexit Norway brexit Canada brexit can’t leave without a deal brexit .... it was a simple question of stay or leave , now that to me was always HARD BREXIT ... to leave in entirety ... it really was that simple !!!

Remoaners and this deal thing as far as I’m concerned is an add on , a kind of well for £40billion we will allow this that and the other but with a back stop that says you can never leave and to me that isn’t a deal worth having so we leave without a deal and if Europe wishes to apply tariffs then so be it and business will have to work with that , flip side of course is we may apply tariffs and make european goods more expensive , we may become a tax haven , we may ......we may become ..... we may ... we may we may we may .... we may do anything BECAUSE WE ARE FREE TO DO WHATEVER WE WISH !!!!!

Hi

We are not free to do what we want.

We will no longer have to comply with EU Rules, but we will have to comply with WTO Rules.

The default position is WTO Standard Tariffs on all imports until such time as we register our Tariff Schedules and Quotas.

We are not in a position to do that yet and that is one of the reasons we asked for a Transition Period.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by Limey2000 ->
Hi all.

I'm sure you are all as fed up of Brexit as I am, it has left me feeling ashamed of our so called representives in parliament.
I have created an online petition calling for Article 50 to be delayed while negotiation are done by professional negotiators on behalf of the people not for political gain.
I would appreciate support. It also calls for parliament to be disbanded and new elections since politicians true colours have been revealed.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petit...g79sfmxaRD0kv1
No chance.

Just another attempt to subvert the outcome of the referendum.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by tedc ->
no chance.

Just another attempt to subvert the outcome of the referendum.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 11:37 AM

Hi

Too late for petitions etc, May has run the clock down.
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

We will no longer have to comply with EU Rules, but we will have to comply with WTO Rules.

The default position is WTO Standard Tariffs on all imports until such time as we register our Tariff Schedules and Quotas.

We are not in a position to do that yet and that is one of the reasons we asked for a Transition Period.

Something we had TWO YEARS TO IMPLIMENT .... however Westminster has wasted this time ‘making a deal ‘.... I think now the nation is starting to see through the smoke and realising remainers have done nothing but waste two years preparation time and now say we can’t leave because we aren’t ready ..... well excuse me for stating the obvious but we aren’t ready because you yes YOU MR MP HAVE FAILED .... you have failed yourself , your constituents , your country .... YOU ARE A FAILURE by whatever measure and all this rubbish about your conscience says you must stop brexit doesn’t wash with anyone...as you asked the question we gave the answer ... SIMPLE !!!

And so if we havnt prepared and brexit will be harder now because we ‘havnt prepared’ then that is your fault and CANNOT BE USED AS AN EXCUSE TO CANCEL BREXIT ... but it is a good reason to sack you !!!!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 11:47 AM

We should have left 2 years ago and let the squabbling start after we left
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Most will be quite happy to have WTO rules they only deal with tarriffs and leave us to make our own laws and rules on everything else. No dabbling in our lives like the EU do.
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 12:12 PM

ersonally I want to leave the corrupt EU club, but I want us to pay our debts if we have any and then leave in a way that protects jobs and livelihoods whilst maintaining friendly relationships with the EU countries that we want to continue to trade with.

Who says we cannot trade ???? Please list in your reply which of the worlds countries we cannot trade with ? I can’t be bothered googling but off the top of my head I’d guess at North Korea , Iran , Syria ... I’ve never heard or read anywhere we can’t trade with any of the European countries ....yet you are implying after brexit we could no longer trade with these... please show me why this will no longer be possible ...
However once free it is a FACT we can make trade deals with the rest of the world and that is something you cannot do as a EU member so a little clarity in your reasoning please just as we can trade with European countries .... AND THEY CAN TRADE WITH US , considering we buy far more than we sell then it seems obvious tariffs are not in their interest ..... grown ups call it ‘ the ball is in your court mr Mercedes ‘
Your blind irrational uninformed hatred of the EU had also impaired your ability to read and understand poster actually said which was:
“maintaining friendly relationships with the EU countries that we want to continue to trade with.”

Where did the Poster day we cannot trade?

We can make trade deals when we leave with whoever wishes to enter into one with us just as at present as art of the. EU we can make trade deals with the rest of the world and that is what has and is continuing to happen.

We currently are party to 60 free trade deals that we about to discard. It has been repeatedly stated that we will just replicate or “roll over” these agreements. Liam Fox has been appointed to obtain commitments from those third parties which he has abjectly failed to do. It seems they are not as desperate to do so as leavers thought.

Similarly, as can be seen by the UKs negotiations with the EU they do not need us more than we need them as oft quoted leavers mantra goes

The Poster expresses concerns over relationships and maintaining relationships are important when negotiating with countries or blocs we wish to trade with. David Davis and Boris Johnson failed spectacularly in this regard.

The OP seeks a sensible solution to end a deadlock. The hardline Brexiteers want a scenario that only benefits ultra wealthy disaster capitalists that funded and provided services to the leave campaign or Russian interests who it has emerged, utilised social media to influence voters and most likely funding of one of the leave campaigns

virtualy every economic analysis of Leaving the EU without a deal indicated it will be seriously damaging to the UK to the extent that the sums we pay into the RU will ale into insignificance. The sovereigntiy we gave up to the EU is minor. The damage you want io inflict to our country is immense. The only respose you are capable of is an inanysound byte “ Project Fear “ which is just a means to to hide the truth when there is no evidence to counter with

If we leave it needs to be orderly and minimising economic damage to our country. An advocate of anything else is certainly not acting in the best interests of our country and one would wonder where their loyalties lay
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 12:16 PM

Something we had TWO YEARS TO IMPLIMENT .... however Westminster has wasted this time ‘making a deal ‘.... I think now the nation is starting to see through the smoke and realising remainers have done nothing but waste two years preparation time and now say we can’t leave because we aren’t ready ..... well excuse me for stating the obvious but we aren’t ready because you yes YOU MR MP HAVE FAILED .... you have failed yourself , your constituents , your country .... YOU ARE A FAILURE by whatever measure and all this rubbish about your conscience says you must stop brexit doesn’t wash with anyone...as you asked the question we gave the answer ... SIMPLE !!!

And so if we havnt prepared and brexit will be harder now because we ‘havnt prepared’ then that is your fault and CANNOT BE USED AS AN EXCUSE TO CANCEL BREXIT ... but it is a good reason to sack you !!!!
Ardent Brexiteers Fox and Davis are to blame supported by Johson who hopped from one country to another with his foot in his mouth
DaveyJ
South Coast England
DaveyJ is male  DaveyJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 12:20 PM

Leave in the morning and be gracious enough to let the EU carry on trading with us. Seems fair to let them do so before they finally go down the pan.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top