Join for free
Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2019, 12:26 PM

Re: Online Brexit petition

Many of these companies wish to stay as they have a never ending supply of cheap migrant labourers to cut their operating costs /increase their profits leaving towns and villages to pick up the social detritus they make to society but no one ever makes that accountable .
They say things like we need migration ... my answer is fine , let’s have CONTOLLED MIGRATION like every other country ... indeed open migration up worldwide and not just to Europe
I’m yet to receive an answer as to why 220,000 that’s two twenty thousand businesses demand we have open door access to five hundred million Europeans in order to have a Bulgarian fruit picker visit or to enable us to sell a Japanese Honda in France
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2019, 01:05 PM

Correct Marmaduke.

It is time for every person in this country, including businesses to stand up and support Britain. Those that don't . . . . . well they do not deserve our business and our support so we should boycott their goods and buy elsewhere.

People who live here should do so on the basis of supporting the country and its culture and traditions. Those businesses that just seek to exploit it for profit and who would continue to do so by putting at risk our democratic process, have no place here.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2019, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
The government should just come right out and say "We ARE leaving in March with No Deal, everyone get ready for it"
I completely agree, but there is a problem.

Even if we could replace May with a Brexiteer, and even if we could persuade the rest of the Tories to go along with it, Compo and the Loonies keep insisting that they want a 'no-deal' option removing from the table before they'll even talk.

Then there are the 'odds and sods', most of which (certainly the Limp Dems) would never agree to a no-deal Brexit.

When it comes to the MPs, it seems that the majority won't agree with a no-deal Brexit, regardless of who is the PM.

I'm not sure what would happen at the end of March if nothing has been agreed in Parliament. According to what has been agreed beforehand, and presumably put in law, would we automatically leave the EU with no deal?
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2019, 01:38 PM

I don't believe that for a second Barry. You are clearly NOT for Leaving. You would be happy to stay, eithe rtotally or with some half in half out fudge.

We owe nothing to businesses and people operating within them who are conducting trade with a totalitarian dictatorship. You stance is untennable.

As a country it is vital that we break away from that impending totalitarian state. It is vital for the ongoing and future freedoms of literally millions of people. Putting that at risk to save the livelihoods of a tiny few is a ridiculous concept. This country has EVERY RIGHT to sever links with a foreign power that has usurped its sovereignty and judicial system by stealth.

Once we Leave we can negotiate new trade deals with the EU on a reasonable basis. Then your precious companies can adapt and adjust accordingly.

What puts these companies and people's jobs at risk is not actually the prospect of Leaving, but rather the continued actions of those desperately trying to scupper the entire thing to see BrExit cancelled. It is those treacherous individuals that are causing all the doubt and uncertainties and causing companies to hold back on taking the real ctions they need to take to cope with BrExit.

The government should just come right out and say "We ARE leaving in March with No Deal, everyone get ready for it"
There is no justification to accuse me of being a liar just because we disagree!

Frankly though I find your arguments quite terrifying, inasmuch as you imply anyone trading with or working for anyone trading with the EU is virtually some kind of traitor! Do you personally live your life completely devoid of any produce from the EU, for if you don't then doesn't that make you a complete hypocrite as then you yourself are helping to support a totalitarian dictatorship?

Your argument is as perverse as it is extreme and I have no sympathy with it I'm afraid, I hate fanaticism in any form and it seems to me that your views certainly meet that description.
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2019, 04:14 PM

So brexit is bad for business the remoaners cry ....

Really ???

BAE Systems sells control of vehicles arm to Rheinmetall http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46946413

British defence giant BAE Systems has sold a majority stake in its Land UK tank and combat vehicle division to German rival Rheinmetall for £28.6m.
The new joint venture gives Rheinmetall a 55% stake, with BAE owning the rest, and will be based at the UK firm's factory in Telford, Shropshire.
Called Rheinmetall BAE Systems Land, the venture will produce the British Army's new infantry vehicles.
BAE's Land UK unit is upgrading and maintaining the Challenger 2 tank.
About 400 people work at the main Telford factory, and at sites in Washington, Filton and Bovington. The new venture will not include Land UK's munitions and technology interests.
BAE said the combination of Rheinmetall's military vehicles technology and products, together with BAE's capabilities, would create a European market leader in the military vehicle sector with the potential to create new jobs in the UK.
Jennifer Osbaldestin, managing director of the Land UK business, said: "Joining forces with Rheinmetall in the UK provides renewed purpose for our vehicles business and allows us to deliver products, services and technology that help land forces excel in their vital roles."
The UK operation, which also maintains the Warrior armoured vehicle, generates revenues of about £60m a year.
Ben Hudson, global head of Rheinmetall's vehicle systems division, said: "The combined capabilities of our two great companies will offer our customers a comprehensive portfolio of military vehicles and associated technologies both now and into the future.
"We are proud to invest in the UK and expect to substantially grow the current business and the Telford manufacturing facility over the coming years."
Rheinmetall already leads a consortium, called Artec, that will build the new Boxer armoured vehicle for the British Army.
The UK government has said that 60% of the value of the programme must be delivered in the UK, and BAE said the new joint venture gives it a central role in the contract.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2019, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Frankly though I find your arguments quite terrifying, inasmuch as you imply anyone trading with or working for anyone trading with the EU is virtually some kind of traitor!
Companies don't trade with the EU Barry. They trade with Europe and do so under the rules set out by the EU.

I have no issues with UK companies trading with Europe or any other country (save perhaps countries with appalling human rights issues)

Companies trade to make profits. However at no stage ever should the desire to make profits come before the national duty of every citizen to support this country and its fundamental democratic processes and constitutional rights.

Thus if companies trading with Europe are voting to Remain to preserve their lucrative position and profit making at the expense of the sovereignty and freedoms of this country, then yes, I see severe problems with those attitudes. If they equally are actively trying to obstruct the democratic referendum result to Leave the EU, then again I have severe issues with that attitude.

As citizens they have a right to vote like anyone else and one assumes they did vote. Unfortunately they did not achieve a majority so they lost. End of.

They should now support the democratic process and get behind the Leave decision and adapt and adjust their businesses accordingly. Simple as.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

21-01-2019, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by marmaduke ->
So brexit is bad for business the remoaners cry ....

Really ???

BAE Systems sells control of vehicles arm to Rheinmetall
I believe there will be more and more of this coming to light as the months go buy. Project Fear and Hysteria will be shown to be utter disgusting propaganda.

I worked on BAE System's IT contract. Good on 'em !
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

21-01-2019, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I'm not sure what would happen at the end of March if nothing has been agreed in Parliament. According to what has been agreed beforehand, and presumably put in law, would we automatically leave the EU with no deal?
JBR

Please understand. Leaving with "No Deal" is THE DEFAULT position. All that needs to happen is for government to keep refusing to support May's deal and then come March we simply drop out, end of.

No Deal is NOT an option we vote for or choose. It is what happens when the Article 50 deadline is reached and we have no agreed Withdrawal Bill at that time.

Because of that we now have the EU and our political parties doing all they can to prevent that outcome. Not because it will be catastrophic (it patently wouldn't be that's imo just more blatant propaganda), but because it would see the UK actually leave the EU which is game over for the EU and Remoaners at that point.

This is now "Do or Die" time for Remainers and the EU. The clock is ticking and we are on course to Leave with No Deal.

Excellent imho.

I have no doubts whatsoever that once we do Leave in that way, the EU will come clamouring back to establish some kind of deal which at that point will be far better than the one they have currently tabled.

If we are living in a dictatorship using a fake illusory democratic 2-party political system to front it, then we can expect that Article 50 will be extended so that we still are unable to Leave.

I fear that is exactly what will happen.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2019, 04:57 PM

JBR

Please understand. Leaving with "No Deal" is THE DEFAULT position. All that needs to happen is for government to keep refusing to support May's deal and then come March we simply drop out, end of.

No Deal is NOT an option we vote for or choose. It is what happens when the Article 50 deadline is reached and we have no agreed Withdrawal Bill at that time.
Leaving with no-deal is what I voted for, and may I say that I'm very pleased at how the discussions in Parliament are progressing...

or not!
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

21-01-2019, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Leaving with no-deal is what I voted for, and may I say that I'm very pleased at how the discussions in Parliament are progressing...

or not!
No we just voted to Leave. That was the only option on the ballot paper. The only viable outcome therefore is that we DO leave. Doesn't really matter how, just so long as we DO leave.

Since it's looking unlikely that we can leave with an agreed Withdrawal Deal we are now likely to simple Leave (No Deal).

Except of course that this avenue will be blocked by our treacherous politicians (EU stooges) extending Article 50 for another 18mths or more so they can continue to plan for a complete reversal of the referendum.

Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top