Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 07:39 PM

Re: Help Dealing with Anger in an Appropriate Manner

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
I like that description.
As do I.
And I'm serious about the dog.
Mine has seen me through cancer, radio therapy cellulitis, shingles all in one year.
Max stuck in there. By my side.That support you cannot buy.......
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
As do I.
Mine has seen me through cancer, radio therapy cellulitis, shingles all in one year.
I love you and your dog's relationship, it's heartwarming and reminds me of my own with my beautiful furboy
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I love you and your dog's relationship, it's heartwarming and reminds me of my own with my beautiful furboy
Thank you kindly, LQ.
He is just Max. People might rightly consider me biased. But when it comes from others you begin to appreciate it.

May I ask what dog yo had?
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Bratti you are under a lot of stress .
Can you get away completely from your sitauation for a couple of days ?
Theoretically I’m not stressed though. My parents live 2 1/2 hours away and I’m only there 2 or 3 times a month which isn’t a lot, so I don’t quite understand why I’m so stressed. I’m retired, don’t have a stressful lifestyle and have no kids. Just 2 dogs and a husband.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 08:03 PM

Thank you kindly, LQ.
He is just Max. People might rightly consider me biased. But when it comes from others you begin to appreciate it.

May I ask what dog yo had?
I still have him, he's a very funny and happy bichon frise. He.s adorable and loves me as much as I love him.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 08:09 PM

People might rightly consider me biased.
I think most people are bias when it comes to their own dogs as they should be.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 08:51 PM

As do I.

Bratti said she has got two dogs which she walks daily already, Besoeker?

Bratti, probably a really daft question, but the counselling you said you are about to start, is it specifically for anger management, which you say your problem is?

Please don't tell me anything personal, just a simple Yes or No would suffice.

I just think it is vital to find the right counsellor for the problem, that is all.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada

20-01-2019, 10:18 PM

No. It’s for stress induced anxiety specifically.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Theoretically I’m not stressed though. My parents live 2 1/2 hours away and I’m only there 2 or 3 times a month which isn’t a lot, so I don’t quite understand why I’m so stressed. I’m retired, don’t have a stressful lifestyle and have no kids. Just 2 dogs and a husband.

That is sad, no kids, you need kids to question yourself, sorry if that sounds self indulgent.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 10:54 PM

Bratti - just wanted to wish you luck trying to get through it and hope counselling helps you sort things out.

I'd always internalised everything then it would erupt at some point. Dad used to erupt. My sister and I used to say we'd caught it off him. Sheer total anger, blind rage, whatever you want to call it.

Listening to music helped, you know music that really gets inside of you? Not just 'listening' to it, but you can feel it really stirring your emotions - bringing out different emotions... opera can catch me, loud rhythm drums to bang along with. Any favourite music/song that stirred me could help get my emotions out. Sometimes drawing out the tears which helped.

Driving - I mean going on my best routes which are in the hills, lots of bends, gear changes - really driving feeling at one with the car and the road.
Screaming at the top of my voice alone on top of hills.

I've a friend who used to have an axe and logs in the garage and let rip in there with his axe on the logs.

Now I just get cross at stuff on occasions. I think losing the anger is just down to being older plus my daughter is grown up now so I live on my own and past people that caused a lot of stress are no longer on this earth.

Anyway, good luck lass.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top