Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 11:10 PM

Re: Help Dealing with Anger in an Appropriate Manner

Just waiting and seeing is always an option.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
That is sad, no kids, you need kids to question yourself, sorry if that sounds self indulgent.
I actually agree with you but my man doesn’t like kids so didn’t want any. I honestly think I would have been a great mom.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 11:25 PM

Oh for an ignore thread option.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 11:26 PM

Kids, like em or not, cause you to review yourself, and, that is important. Imo.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2019, 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I still have him, he's a very funny and happy bichon frise. He.s adorable and loves me as much as I love him.
Forgive me for my misunderstanding.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2019, 03:29 AM

Thanks Pesta,

I think I may have made my anger situation sound worse than it actually is.
Like you, I normally internalize anger because I hate being angry at others but I’m tired of sucking it all in.

Lately, in the last few months I’ve been telling people how I really feel and not really caring whether they are upset with me about it but I’ve never hit anyone or been in trouble with the law or anything like that.

My father used to erupt at any point in time . After a while you learn survival techniques that work best.

Music and the arts were my saving grace.
There was never a wrong way to express yourself through the arts so I absorbed myself in music and a variety of hobbies.
I took up dance and music which were great avenues for personal expression.
It’s a shame that so many schools are losing these electives.

Just over a month ago I purchased my second saxophone. My first ones an alto I’ve had for 45 years. This new one’s a soprano. Plus I have a keyboard system and sing to my heart’s content. Music definitely helps a lot.

Driving! Yes I love driving standard. Good idea. I generally try not to drive when I’m upset though cause I then I tend to drive faster.

But the chopping wood I think is one of your best suggestions and so underrated. I love chopping wood. It’s so comforting. Such a great way of relieving pent up tension and it really works. I think tomorrow I will chop some wood.

The thing is my lifestyle is normally very relaxed. I am taking parts of my life far too seriously and trying to take on a role that’s not mine to take. My brother has legal guardianship of my parents and I need to step back some.

The journaling idea is a great one. Then I can actually become more aware of where my focus is and whether it’s directed towards my goals and things I want from my life.

Having said all that I think a regular psychologist like I’m seeing will suffice.
Many practitioners support the ‘no contact’ idea when dealing with very toxic relationships which I think sometimes is best no matter how painful. That’s the main reason I’m going. Dealing with my parents has brought back lots of stuff I’d rather not deal with yet obviously need to.

I could really connect with your post and relate to what you said.
Thank you.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	F525F9B0-288B-41B3-89AD-01D5A0C9B41E.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	8481  
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada

21-01-2019, 03:37 AM

Yes I will channel my anger into positive avenues. So right you are. I’ll absorb more later.

Thanks everyone

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top