Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 09:39 PM

Re: Am I being over sensitive ?

I find that really sad Julie. No, you're not being over sensitive at all.
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2019, 02:20 PM

Julie if my Nan had made a quilt I’d of treasured it to the very last thread. I’m sorry your work made with love has not received the forever home it deserves.
I think there would be something wrong with you if you’d not been upset.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2019, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
All the kids have had a patch work quilt made by me out of their more memorable clothing, patches of christening robes, school uniforms, favourite footie gear etc anything they have really enjoyed gets put into the design. I give them to them when they turn 18 and we've had some lovely birthdays remembering their favourite times.

So knowing it takes me 18 years to make them they have treasured them I thought.

Anyway today wife of eldest said she had thrown out the tatty thing, my husband asked if eldest knew she had done that but seems it was her idea he knows nothing about it yet.
I am wondering two things here -

1) What was her motive for throwing it out?

Did she dislike it, or had it become so tatty that it was unusable, was it a single quilt and they now share a double bed, is she jealous of your creative skill, is she jealous of your relationship with your son and feels threatened by it?

2) What was her motive for telling you that she had done so?

It is not the sort of thing that comes up in general chit chat - so how was the topic introduced? Could it be she wanted to show you that she is now first lady in her husband's life?
Why would she want to hurt you? Does she even realise that she has? She must do, otherwise why would she not tell her husband?

It is very sad, Julie, that she could not have come to you and said they no longer use the quilt and would you like it back - would surely have been less hurtful than throwing it away.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top