Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2019, 02:02 AM

Re: She is back.

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Swim, care to explain about this please?

When you say . . . .

"You will not hit me, I will put you in hospital if you try it,"

How does a man of your age and stature with all your health problems honestly think they can tackle a gang of hardened yobs and hoodies on his own?

I am not being rude, just realistic.
You are not a young, fit, healthy beefcake, and these youngsters are fast on thier feet and almost certainly carrying weapons.

I would suggest they could come back and pick a lone bloke off any time they choose, or at least make his life a misery.
I'm confused by Swimmy's posts regularly (but we all have our own particular style of posting).

The way I decipher his posts, certainly within this thread, is that he tends to "know people" who can sort things out for him....is that correct Swimmy?
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2019, 06:25 AM

I would be very careful with people related to drugs...a few years ago my 6ft4ins son lived in a very rough part of Leeds, one day he intervened when his next door neighbour an Afro Caribbean drug dealer was beating up his girlfriend in the street outside his house.

The police advice to my son was move asap....they admitted they could not guarantee his safety. They warned that one day a group of men would arrive at his door armed with baseball bats and completely trash his house and possibly do him harm it would take just minutes and they would be gone...my son took their advice and moved.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2019, 07:46 AM

And we belive the police will protect us ?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2019, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by muddy ->
and we believe the police will protect us ?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2019, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I'm confused by Swimmy's posts regularly (but we all have our own particular style of posting).

The way I decipher his posts, certainly within this thread, is that he tends to "know people" who can sort things out for him....is that correct Swimmy?

He never explains properly Floydy, just 'hints.'

Like I said, it doesn't matter how many "friends you know", at some point of the day or night, you will be all on your own . . .
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2019, 10:02 AM

He never explains properly Floydy, just 'hints.'

Like I said, it doesn't matter how many "friends you know", at some point of the day or night, you will be all on your own . . .
This would suggest that the possession of a firearm for use solely within one's own property should be made legal.

Along with an immediate increase in police and their funding, and the right for police to conduct stop and search on anyone, at any time and in any place would make this country a whole lot safer.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2019, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
This would suggest that the possession of a firearm for use solely within one's own property should be made legal.

Along with an immediate increase in police and their funding, and the right for police to conduct stop and search on anyone, at any time and in any place would make this country a whole lot safer.

I feel that is a dangerous road to go down, keeping a gun at home JBR. Then all the petty criminals will have to start carrying one incase the householder has one, and we will end up like America.

As for police stop and search, there aren't enough cops even if they did want to do this.
At the moment they hardly have time to search for the car keys let alone loads of people in the street!

Unofrtunately, if someone lives on their own, it's probably best to keep your head down and not invite trouble IMO - or otherwise, move to a quieter area.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2019, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Life is what it is, where I live is good for me.

I grew up in a much worse place.

I am not an idiot, far from it.

We have a few hoodies who think they are hard nuts.

Selling drugs for a living and waving a knife about is school playground stuff.

Crime is down by over 80 %, house prices up by 60%.

House prices have a long way to go up.

The locals now have a sense of Community, they are dealing with things, the low level stuff.

I am not an idiot, I have years in Enforcement.

The real Hard Nuts, Terrorists, ISIS and Decades ago UJ and his IRA Mates.

I am cool about things, they will be gone , never up against a professional before.

They have also made the mistake of keying the sides of the Mercedes Sprinter belonging to my lodgers and bragging about it.

Such is life, they obviously missed the lesson at School.

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction.

In this case however, they did make a young girl cry, so the reaction may be different.

I do not take kindly to bullies, especially racist bullies.
Swim I need to say what I really think here. Your post tells us what you used to do, but you are getting close to 70 now, so don't fool yourself that you can still do it!
You often tell us about your poor health and say you are not an idiot but, if you try to take action against these hoodies, I am afraid that you are likely to be the one to get hurt. If this happens I am sure that many of us will think "what an idiot, to take them on".
Please remember that you are no longer a fit strong man, and in the rare possibility of you winning the physical battle, also remember that you will be breaking the law if you hurt any of them!

If you want to see Guy again, perhaps you would be better looking after yourself, because the effects of PTSD and holes in your head will not be improved by aggravating hoodies!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2019, 11:22 AM

Swim, it's all very well stating about all your mates coming to see you soon, but they do not live there , do they.

So if there is trouble and they all pile in in a big free-for-all, what do you honestly think will happen when your mates go home again and you are back on your own?

These hoodlums can bide their time as I am sure you are well aware.
Swim, care to explain about this please?

When you say . . . .

"You will not hit me, I will put you in hospital if you try it,"

How does a man of your age and stature with all your health problems honestly think they can tackle a gang of hardened yobs and hoodies on his own?

I am not being rude, just realistic.
You are not a young, fit, healthy beefcake, and these youngsters are fast on thier feet and almost certainly carrying weapons.

I would suggest they could come back and pick a lone bloke off any time they choose, or at least make his life a misery.
Unofrtunately, if someone lives on their own, it's probably best to keep your head down and not invite trouble IMO - or otherwise, move to a quieter area.
Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Swim I need to say what I really think here. Your post tells us what you used to do, but you are getting close to 70 now, so don't fool yourself that you can still do it!
You often tell us about your poor health and say you are not an idiot but, if you try to take action against these hoodies, I am afraid that you are likely to be the one to get hurt. If this happens I am sure that many of us will think "what an idiot, to take them on".
Please remember that you are no longer a fit strong man, and in the rare possibility of you winning the physical battle, also remember that you will be breaking the law if you hurt any of them!
All very sound advice .....
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2019, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

House has had a load of work done on it, inside and out.

Vans unloading, blocking me getting out and parking on my crossover and grass.

Asked them nicely to move so I can get out, been told to F**k Off by the hoodies.
You need a bull bar - I never get blocked in.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	150801 039 New Isuzu Diesel SX.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	8485  

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top