Join for free
Reply
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
JBR's Avatar
JBR
Chatterbox
JBR is offline
Cheshire, UK
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 17,513
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
04-03-2018, 02:46 PM
11

Re: Tarzan's view of brexit negotiations.

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Spite!

Reads like the words of someone who got sacked.

He's now on team BLAIR!
Reply With Quote
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
swimfeeders is offline
Shropshire
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 14,339
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
04-03-2018, 03:09 PM
12

Re: Tarzan's view of brexit negotiations.

Originally Posted by Rainmaker ->
I really wish you'd change the record You tell us the same thing in every post. It doesn't' make you any more right than me or anyone else.
Hi

I disagree.

My record does not need changing at all.

The fact remains that the present Government have made a complete mess up of a democratic decision due to their own incompetence.

We are having to pay Tens of £billions to people I loathe because of this, money much better spent on our own.

This is the same people who are borrowing £Billions to pay Foreign Aid against the wishes of people.

If you are happy with that, fine, chuck £Billions away.

I am not, I will continue to post my views.

I would much rather spend it here.
Reply With Quote
twizzle's Avatar
twizzle
Senior Member
twizzle is offline
somerset
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 610
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
04-03-2018, 03:21 PM
13

Re: Tarzan's view of brexit negotiations.

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi
I did not for one minute believe the Brexiteers Promises, I have planned accordingly.

I bought Polish Zloty,I am already up by £15k.
Oh well, as long as you're alright, Jack. Did you spare any thought at all for those without your resources or were you quite happy to inflict poverty and austerity on them as a sacrifice to your fantasies of self determination?
Reply With Quote
galty's Avatar
galty
Senior Member
galty is offline
rainham essex
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 4,066
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
04-03-2018, 04:18 PM
14

Re: Tarzan's view of brexit negotiations.

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi




I bought Polish Zloty,I am already up by £15k.
Why not the Euro as well and Why the Zloty???

In the present discussion that makes no sense.
Reply With Quote
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
swimfeeders is offline
Shropshire
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 14,339
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
04-03-2018, 04:31 PM
15

Re: Tarzan's view of brexit negotiations.

Hi

Originally Posted by twizzle ->
Oh well, as long as you're alright, Jack. Did you spare any thought at all for those without your resources or were you quite happy to inflict poverty and austerity on them as a sacrifice to your fantasies of self determination?
Hi

I thought about it long and hard before I made my decision.

I am a great believer in Democracy and equality, I am not a little englander and I am most certainly not a Tory.

The only time I have ever voted Conservative was to get rid of Tony Blair.

I was in no mood to replace him with Juncker and Merkel.

The EU I was fine with until those two came along.

I have been closer to the shenanigans than others, the nature of one part of my life, a back room nonentity in a suit.

I loathe Juncker with a vengeance,the Ex PM of the biggest Tax Haven in the EU,

Merkel, with her sights on the UN Leadership,unilaterally over ran any EU Democratic Decisions for her own bid to become the next UN General Secretary.

Both Luxembourg and Germany regularly flout both NATO and EU Rules.

I have no time for them at all.

I am portrayed on here as a Snowflake rollover.

I am nothing of the sort.

I was banned from negotiations with the French for giving them such a hard time.

I am however a person who knows how much of a mess we have got ourselves into because of Political infighting.

No deal is just a bluff, so easily called, £20 Billion extra to the EU because of the fantasies of Boris.

Money much better spent here, on our own.

The Lies, we have never ,ever, given £350 Million a week to the EU.

Spending that fantasy money all on the NHS would devastate regional aid to the poorest.

Have our cake and eat it was always a fantasy.

We are now pleading to stay in for a Transition.

Services we have lost,May has acknowledged there will be no Passporting due to our Red Lines.

No Single Market,no Customs Union.

We sold our share in Airbus, a huge employer, we are now asking for regulatory compliance and no Tariffs, we want to stay in the Worldwide Export agreement.

We are now asking to stay in Aviation Safety to protect our landing slots.

We are now asking to stay in the Medicines Agency, a huge exporter, the staff have said get stuffed.

We are not just leaving the EU,we are,because of our Red Lines, leaving every single Trading Agreement we have with the rest of the World.

Liam Fox promised 40 plus new Trading Agreements on day one,March next year.

He has now been forced to admit we will get not a Single one,our fault,we told them what was happening,they have said no and complaints gone in to WTO which will take years to resolve.

The EU however are signing up to massive new trading agreements with Japan, South Korea and Canada, all of which we lose out on, we will be no part of.

Brexit was right, we needed to do it, I did not Vote for this complete shambles.
Reply With Quote
JBR's Avatar
JBR
Chatterbox
JBR is offline
Cheshire, UK
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 17,513
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
04-03-2018, 05:28 PM
16

Re: Tarzan's view of brexit negotiations.

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
No deal is just a bluff, so easily called, £20 Billion extra to the EU because of the fantasies of Boris.
Could you explain why we should pay the EU £20 billion for no deal?

My idea of 'no deal' would be to walk away and save our money. Why pay for it?

Quite apart from all that, I have the distinct feeling that other countries, both in and out of the EU, will want to trade with us. It is in our mutual interests.
Reply With Quote
twizzle's Avatar
twizzle
Senior Member
twizzle is offline
somerset
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 610
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
04-03-2018, 05:45 PM
17

Re: Tarzan's view of brexit negotiations.

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi
Hi

I thought about it long and hard before I made my decision.

I am a great believer in Democracy and equality, I am not a little englander and I am most certainly not a Tory.

The only time I have ever voted Conservative was to get rid of Tony Blair.

I was in no mood to replace him with Juncker and Merkel.

The EU I was fine with until those two came along.
But you didn't answer my question. Do you really think it was right to condemn those without your resources to years of poverty, austerity and misery just because you dislike Junker and Merkel and have some vague fantasies about self-determination?

The way Brexit is going was always inevitable. There was never any possible good outcome. It's not the fault of the government or the negotiators, it's your fault for voting for something unworkable, the blame for the consequences is entirely yours.
Reply With Quote
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
swimfeeders is offline
Shropshire
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 14,339
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
04-03-2018, 06:32 PM
18

Re: Tarzan's view of brexit negotiations.

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Could you explain why we should pay the EU £20 billion for no deal?

My idea of 'no deal' would be to walk away and save our money. Why pay for it?

Quite apart from all that, I have the distinct feeling that other countries, both in and out of the EU, will want to trade with us. It is in our mutual interests.
Hi

We are not paying the EU for No Deal or any deal.

We pay what we owe,what we signed up for.

That expired in 2020 ,not 2019.

We could have walked away in March 2020, everything in place,owing nothing more.

In fact,we had money coming back.

You do not break International Agreements, that way is disaster, nobody would have trusted us.

As regards other Countries wanting to Trade with us, they are all willing to sell,not to buy.

The EU is a vastly bigger marketplace than we are.

Trump has just started a Trade War, India has said sod off unless we get give them unlimited Immigration.

When we leave, in March next year, we do not only leave the EU,we leave every single Trade Deal we have.

We are also cut off from the huge Trade Deals the EU have signed up with Canada, Japan and South Korea.

All three have already said we will not be part of that, our decision to leave the Single Market and Customs Union.

We will have to renegotiate.

The EU is a vastly bigger marketplace than the UK.

They have already said we will not get the same terms.

Those objections are already lodged with the WTO.

Trump has started a massive Trade War,protectionism is the name of the game now.

Leaving is going to hurt, because of the stupidity of our Politicians,it is going to hurt far more than it needs to..

Theresa May,in her speech acknowledged that we are not going to get Passporting, which in simple terms means we are going to be worse off.

Leaving means more austerity,we cannot still afford the Triple Lock on Pensions.

We voted to Leave, we accept the consequences.
Reply With Quote
JBR's Avatar
JBR
Chatterbox
JBR is offline
Cheshire, UK
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 17,513
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
04-03-2018, 07:59 PM
19

Re: Tarzan's view of brexit negotiations.

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

We are not paying the EU for No Deal or any deal.

We pay what we owe,what we signed up for.

That expired in 2020 ,not 2019.

We could have walked away in March 2020, everything in place,owing nothing more.

In fact,we had money coming back.

You do not break International Agreements, that way is disaster, nobody would have trusted us.

As regards other Countries wanting to Trade with us, they are all willing to sell,not to buy.

The EU is a vastly bigger marketplace than we are.

Trump has just started a Trade War, India has said sod off unless we get give them unlimited Immigration.

When we leave, in March next year, we do not only leave the EU,we leave every single Trade Deal we have.

We are also cut off from the huge Trade Deals the EU have signed up with Canada, Japan and South Korea.

All three have already said we will not be part of that, our decision to leave the Single Market and Customs Union.

We will have to renegotiate.

The EU is a vastly bigger marketplace than the UK.

They have already said we will not get the same terms.

Those objections are already lodged with the WTO.

Trump has started a massive Trade War,protectionism is the name of the game now.

Leaving is going to hurt, because of the stupidity of our Politicians,it is going to hurt far more than it needs to..

Theresa May,in her speech acknowledged that we are not going to get Passporting, which in simple terms means we are going to be worse off.

Leaving means more austerity,we cannot still afford the Triple Lock on Pensions.

We voted to Leave, we accept the consequences.
So, back to my question, why do we owe them £20 billion?

What is it for? Or is it, perhaps, just a random figure they pulled out of the air?

More to the point, have they justified that figure?
Reply With Quote
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
swimfeeders is offline
Shropshire
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 14,339
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
04-03-2018, 08:54 PM
20

Re: Tarzan's view of brexit negotiations.

Originally Posted by JBR ->
So, back to my question, why do we owe them £20 billion?

What is it for? Or is it, perhaps, just a random figure they pulled out of the air?

More to the point, have they justified that figure?
Hi

The £20 Billion is what our Government has accepted we owe them under International Law until the current cycle ends in 2020.

We signed up for that, so tough.

The extra £20 Billion is the price we pay for Transition Period.

If we had got our act together,no need to pay.

Such is life.
Reply With Quote
Reply
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Thread Tools


© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top

Powered by vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.