Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2020, 12:02 PM

Re: Shopping this morning

My neighbour across the road just brought me some odds and ends I needed. He went to Waitrose and said it was very quiet and orderly! He even managed to get a pack of 4 loo rolls for me!

He reckons that now so many are home, and can shop through the week, weekends are not as bad now.

Don't know about that though, because from what I heard they were queuing right across Waitrose car park yesterday, so perhaps they bought everything then.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2020, 12:45 PM

If you are over 70 with a Waitrose loyalty card I read provision is being made. I guess delivery slots will be made available in certain areas on certain days.

I wish they would reduce the spend from £60, it encourages people to buy more than they need. I would happily pay a delivery fee instead for some Fruit and vegetables .
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2020, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
If you are over 70 with a Waitrose loyalty card I read provision is being made. I guess delivery slots will be made available in certain areas on certain days.

I wish they would reduce the spend from £60, it encourages people to buy more than they need. I would happily pay a delivery fee instead for some Fruit and vegetables

I agree with that Meg.
MargaretF
Northamptonshire, UK
MargaretF is female  MargaretF has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2020, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->

I wish they would reduce the spend from £60, it encourages people to buy more than they need. I would happily pay a delivery fee instead for some Fruit and vegetables .
I received both an email and a telephone call yesterday from Waitrose telling me that because I am a regular online shopper there and am over 70 there are special slots reserved for a short time each week.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2020, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by MargaretF ->
I received both an email and a telephone call yesterday from Waitrose telling me that because I am a regular online shopper there and am over 70 there are special slots reserved for a short time each week.
Hi Margaret that's great

I am not a regular 'online' shopper, but a regular shopper over 70 with a My Waitrose card so I am hoping I might hear something too.
DSmith
New Member!
South Wales, UK
DSmith is male 

29-03-2020, 11:03 PM

I went to Boots yesterday with a prescription. Got there at 2pm and was told the pharmacy was closed until 3pm.

Went back at 3pm only to see the queue outside and decided to come back today (Sunday).

Got there at 11.50 am and there was no queue. I was let in and had to walk a specific path to the pharmacy counter, then stay apart with the marks on the floor.

Gave in my prescription and was told to come back at 12.30, but not into the store, to a side window.

I thought it was really well managed but what a strange world we are now in.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2020, 11:08 PM

I'm a regular shopper at Sainsbury's but couldn't get an online slot for for them when I tried a couple of weeks ago as all 3 weeks were taken. I applied today for one of their elderly/vulnerable applications. My details have been taken and I have to wait a couple of days while my details are being verified.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

29-03-2020, 11:13 PM

Slightly different I know, but I just looked on the Pets at Home website and it said I was number 842 in the online queue!!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top