Join for free
Page 9 of 30 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 19 > Last »
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2020, 11:31 AM

Re: Are you stocking up just in case?

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
We use moist wipes designed for use on babies as part of what one does. It's so much more hygienic than just paper. We have been doing this for years now. I guess without paper they could be used on their own.
Not very Earth-Friendly, though .....

Wet wipes: keeping them out of our seas (and sewers)

https://friendsoftheearth.uk/plastic...eas-and-sewers

Fatbergs – those revolting sewer mountains made of wet wipes, grease and other gunk – have been cropping up all over the place in the past year or so, from London and Cardiff to Staffordshire and Devon.

As well as causing trouble in wastewater systems, wipes can find their way into oceans. Along with other types of plastic pollution, they can cause long-term problems for sea creatures and the marine environment.

Wet wipes made up more than 90% of the material causing sewer blockages  that Water UK investigated in 2017.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2020, 11:37 AM

The bottom line is that what's taking place isn't panic buying at all. It's people doing their best to survive what is coming down the pike.
Terminology and media hype aside, it possibly is then as I commented 'a basic kind of survival instinct'. Some restraint and thought for what this is causing, among some in the population, wouldn't go amiss and would be beneficial to all is how I see this.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2020, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Terminology and media hype aside, it possibly is then as I commented 'a basic kind of survival instinct'. Some restraint and thought for what this is causing, among some in the population, wouldn't go amiss and would be beneficial to all is how I see this.
IMO, so-called "survivalists" should be treated as looters .....
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2020, 11:50 AM

Helping others survive is OK surely?

Yesterday I was stockpiling on behalf of an elderly neighbour, picked up a few things for myself at the same time.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2020, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
How many toilet rolls do you have now Rox?
Only 4 packs of nine rolls in a pack. Bought ages ago and put away. Not needing to buy more, no point in getting too greedy. Just been buying my usual lately.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2020, 02:02 PM

We use moist wipes designed for use on babies as part of what one does. It's so much more hygienic than just paper. We have been doing this for years now. I guess without paper they could be used on their own.

Still can't beat a bidet though, especially those with an upwards facing jet.
Or more specifically, moist toilet paper wipes, that are designed to be flushable. I use these too
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2020, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Only 4 packs of nine rolls in a pack. Bought ages ago and put away. Not needing to buy more, no point in getting too greedy. Just been buying my usual lately.
You have 36 rolls in? That many!
I've got 1 pack of 12.
Now I'm worried.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2020, 02:59 PM

When on ships, out East, we were often surprised to find footprints, on the toilet seats, in public area ship's toilets.

Finally, we learnt that some visitors would get up on top of the seats and keep themselves clear of any contamination from the seat or any splashes.

A great idea, for them, but not so good for the ordinary human who used it next!

Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2020, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
When on ships, out East, we were often surprised to find footprints, on the toilet seats, in public area ship's toilets.

Finally, we learnt that some visitors would get up on top of the seats and keep themselves clear of any contamination from the seat or any splashes.

A great idea, for them, but not so good for the ordinary human who used it next!

I'd have thought the splashes would be like a tsunami if 'things' fell from a great height.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2020, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->

Or for BTL landlords who get faced with damaged lavatory bowls. Many foreigners use the shower tray as a lavatory too and use lavatory brushes or sink plungers to push solids down the drain hole.

Page 9 of 30 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 19 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top