Join for free
Page 12 of 30 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 > Last »
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2020, 09:59 AM

Re: Are you stocking up just in case?

I can’t understand the obsession either, unless it’s for the obvious, that we can’t manage without it. But then again, why stock pile it? Do they think shelves will be empty of just this one item if staff and delivery drivers fall down with the virus?

So far yesterday in my retail park all I could see they were short of was veg. Unless they have no staff to put the stuff out.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2020, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Only 4 packs of nine rolls in a pack. Bought ages ago and put away. Not needing to buy more, no point in getting too greedy. Just been buying my usual lately.

I was only joking with you Rox. I asked the question before toilet rolls became a National emergency.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2020, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
I've just read a story published in today's DM about a newspaper in Darwin, Australia, that has included an 8 page supplement, marked up otherwise blank pages, in toilet paper sized squares, so the locals won't go without because there's a shortage of loo paper. You couldn't make it up.
Yes, that's true. i understand they had to print dotted lines to show how to cut them up too.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

08-03-2020, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I've tried that but it leaves printing ink on yer arse innit
I don't know how old you are but I read something about the Titanic.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2020, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I don't know how old you are but I read something about the Titanic.
I heard that joke too!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2020, 11:32 AM

Right guys, listen up.

I'm hearing down one of my grapevines that there is the distinct possibility that there is a shortage of asthma inhalers more than likely. Possibly nebuliser drugs too.

I can't vouch for how kosher this is but ------
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2020, 12:04 PM

All this is insane .
What is the matter with people ?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2020, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
All this is insane .
Sheeple Syndrome.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

08-03-2020, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
All this is insane .
They are understandably putting themselves first. Attitudes and values have totally changed and those who don't wake up and smell the coffee will just get left behind.

In the case of the possible / probable inhaler shortage that is down to production shortage (not UK) as well as distribution network difficulties because of the effect of the virus.

There's also been a big time recall by GSK that is especially unhelpful because on top of that a number of patients with Coronavirus are being given them as part of the treatment with little evidence they do much good.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2020, 12:49 PM

News of inhaler shortages will now cause inhaler shortage panic. At least in UK most of us can't panic buy them ..not unless doctors are willing to prescribe a supermarket trolleyful at a time. That's just the quantity some people would get hold of if they could.

Page 12 of 30 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top