Join for free
Page 19 of 30 « First < 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 > Last »
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2020, 03:29 PM

Re: Are you stocking up just in case?

This morning's report: Everyone employed has gone to work, college college students are here locally on spring break, kids were at the school bus stop this morning, and I just got back from the grocery store where the shelves are full.

Time to pay some bills.

Carry on.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2020, 03:43 PM

We did our supermarket shopping trip this morning. There didn't look to be a shortage of anything.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2020, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
This morning's report: Everyone employed has gone to work, college college students are here locally on spring break, kids were at the school bus stop this morning, and I just got back from the grocery store where the shelves are full.

Time to pay some bills.

Carry on.
Hi

Somewhat different here Surfermom.

We are a very densely populated Island.

We have not closed down travel from other Countries.

Yesterday, Guy went in for his PreOp Assessment.

They even sterilised the pen he was given to fill in his questionnaire.

My Eye Clinic was reduced by 50% because of the need to sterilise everything between Patients.
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2020, 07:50 PM

Tesco has one type of toilet rolls left in stock -- coo'p where I live has run out.. of loo rolls --lucky there isnt a outbreak of diarrhea ' dont see why people panic buy ? especially loo rolls ' it will be tissues nxt ..
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2020, 08:32 PM

I was in one of our bigger supermarkets today. No shelves stripped bare, just the usual number of people calmly shopping. The only thing missing was hand sanitiser, but even the local chemist is out of stock of that, simply because (as the pharmacist explained to a couple of customers) the manufacturers aren't used to having to produce so much. I'm quite proud of our area for not falling for the media hype and sensationalist reporting, unlike some other regions of the country.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2020, 12:09 AM

I put this elsewhere but it is probably relevant here too

Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2020, 11:13 AM

I went to Tesco’s yesterday and there were loads of toilet paper there but was no bread flour and very little other flour.

Now, some are even buying another deep freezer!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2020, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
But it's not just a matter of ensuring that you have sufficient things in for a period of self isolation though.

It's a matter of having enough in order to manage with the results of a broken distribution chain and even manufacturing shortages. That will take months to return to anything near normal and it hasn't even started yet.
What's considered as normal is far too much anyway. We could all do with eating a bit less, it might do us good.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2020, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by bruce ->
i put this elsewhere but it is probably relevant here too

Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2020, 06:59 PM

Morrisons (and Home Bargains) has enough loo rolls but the former had more or less run out of pasta! Plenty of rice...why don’t people stock up on rice, as well?

Page 19 of 30 « First < 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top