Join for free
Page 5 of 18 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2020, 09:42 PM

Re: Shopping today.

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
The cynic inside me is thinking that food shops are deliberately withholding restocking because it means as more and more people panic buy, items which would not normally be purchased in large numbers are being bought up because is all that is left. This means the food shops are making way more money than they normally would because EVERYTHING is going.

If the food shop was to restock, the items people wouldn't normally purchase would still be on the shelves.

The reason i say this is because I went in my local high street Iceland and they have not bothered to restock ANYTHING. I was in there on Monday and reported how bad it was but i wanted to get some crisps so decided to pop in an see what they had. I should have taken some pictures because no word of a lie, the ONLY tin food that was left was 3 tins of marrowfat peas and 2 tins of meatballs in gravy.

How are people supposed to feed themselves if food shops are not clamping down seriously hard on hoarders and not restocking properly.
I honestly don't know if that is true or not but I do take your point. I bought a couple of cans of tinned ravioli today, haven't had those since I was a teenager but all the beans were gone.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2020, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
There's a load of confusion about.

In Asda today the woman infront of us in the queue was complaining she'd been told she could only buy 3 loose bananas ... but if she'd bought them pre-packed she could have had more ...3 packs worth.

The worlds gone mad ... and the woman on the till was coughing (into her crooked elbow) and blew her nose twice.
We all belatedly jumped back to acceptable social distancing and just as smartly jumped back into line in the queue.
Hilarious comment on local facebook. They were saying that iems were restricted to three. Someone said 'What's the point of shopping there if you can only buy three items?'

Der!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2020, 10:25 PM

What is worrying is, if the elderly and vunerable get to shop first in supermarkets, it's likely that they'll not only be easy targets for thieves but possibly abused by other shoppers believing them to be getting preferencial treatment.
The more people who lose jobs the worse it will get.
Daughter told me I'm not to leave windows open or doors unlocked!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

18-03-2020, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
What is worrying is, if the elderly and vunerable get to shop first in supermarkets, it's likely that they'll not only be easy targets for thieves but possibly abused by other shoppers believing them to be getting preferencial treatment.
The more people who lose jobs the worse it will get.
Daughter told me I'm not to leave windows open or doors unlocked!
We don't anyway but it's a good point.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2020, 04:47 PM

My local (posh) supermarket, Booths, has introduced preferential shopping for the elderly between 0930-1100 and a limit of 1 item per food type for most, but not all, categories for everyone. There is, however, no limit on beer purchases .....
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2020, 05:03 PM

Yippee managed to get a bar of soap .
The only soap not sold out .
Mr Muds favourite
WRIGHTS COLD TAR .
The snowflakes can’t hack it

( we didnt stock pile one bar lasts for months )
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2020, 08:31 PM

I have plenty of bar soaps, not that it is my preference, because of the mess they leave on sinks, but needs must.

Reports on FB (think local to me), someone had their shed broken into and contents of freezer stolen. There was me considering installing one in my own shed later on life, if and when I could get an electric point put in, but it makes you wonder if it’s worth it.
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2020, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
[/B]

Wise move Tessa.

I feel like I'm watching a movie, a very scary movie too.
I keep saying this too. When at work or home fine but watching the TV its like a disaster movie......which I am living in. Watching news tonight saw the first thing that petrified me London a makeshift mortuary being built.....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

19-03-2020, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Yippee managed to get a bar of soap .
The only soap not sold out .
Mr Muds favourite
WRIGHTS COLD TAR .
The snowflakes can’t hack it

( we didnt stock pile one bar lasts for months )
I love the smell of that.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2020, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I love the smell of that.
It's probably the best one to use, I wonder if you can still buy carbolic?

Our Sainsburys had most things even loo roll today, I'm told, I wasn't feeling up to going with my tummy trouble. I'll go tomorrow, I have still got some.

Page 5 of 18 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top