Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2020, 11:11 PM

Re: Does Anyone Else Think Ant And Dec’s Saturday Night Takeaway, ls A Load Bleep, Bleep?

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I agree. Total shite. How they keep getting the funniest duo award is beyond me.
Because they are the only duo. the award was created for them.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2020, 11:38 PM

Re: Does Anyone Else Think Ant And Dec’s Saturday Night Takeaway, ls A Load Bleep, Bleep?

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Because they are the only duo. the award was created for them.
No comparison or competition. Figures.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2020, 12:05 AM

Never watched it. I think it's rubbish.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2020, 01:18 AM

Two Geordies talking bollocks!?? What a wonderful way to spend your Saturday evening!!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2020, 02:16 AM

I think these two are geared more for younger audiences than us oldies perhaps.
Personally I don't mind them too much.

They are like a couple of overgrown school boys I admit, but they have some plus's too.

For example, unlike most 'funny' people of telly, they are never foul mouthed and crude with the F*** word used in every other sentence.

They genuinly seem to be mates and get on well, it's not just for the cameras.

It is rather silly boyish pranks mostly but no one is ever hurt by anything they do.

They are generous with prizes and make a lot of people happy.
So many things on telly now are either swearing, drugs, or guns and violence.

I liked what they said at the end tonight about us talking to each other more with all this isolation at present.
It is true what they said that "We've never needed each other more."

So in my mind, let them get on with their show, they make a lot of folks laugh and at least it is one show without crudity, drugs and/or violence.
If you don't like it, don't watch it, same as anything else that doesn't appeal.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2020, 08:26 AM

I used to like them but I feel they are now overexposed, so nothing is memorable.

Morcambe and Wise & the 2 Ronnies had their own style and I always looked forward to their shows, but as Mups said, I think they are now a different type of humour designed to attract younger people.

I certainly agree that Saturday TV is rubbish, so I resort watching a film....even if I have seen it before!
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2020, 09:19 AM

Easy to answer the OP – I cannot stand either of them. As for weekend television, it's just a lot of rubbish on terrestrial channels, which we have to pay for not watching Friday evenings, Saturdays and Sundays. Those who do the programming must think everyone goes out during those days. Perhaps the existing problems with self-isolating and social distancing might change that view and we can have more interesting programmes?
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2020, 10:08 AM

I like them but I think they are past their best....I like that they are family entertainment parents and kids can watch together...Morecambe and Wise were like that.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2020, 11:05 AM

I think not liking the early Saturday evening shows is something to do with getting older. They all seem too noisy and not entertaining at all to me now. I might have had a different view of such shows in my younger days.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2020, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I agree. Total shite. How they keep getting the funniest duo award is beyond me.
Yep,

The two most un-funny cretins on the planet imo.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top