Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2020, 11:19 PM

Re: When it’s all over

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
It will end..when is another matter
True Primus, but what will be left......
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2020, 07:00 AM

No. I think people will go back to their old ways. They went back to their old ways after the black plague. They went back to their old ways after each of the wars to end wars. People are people. They always go back to their old ways. But hopefully after each cataclysm we become better and better at predicting them and minimising the damage caused by the old ways.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2020, 07:51 AM

You have to be pragmatic I'm afraid, with the way folks can instantaneously transport themselves around the globe, containment of anything is nigh on impossible.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2020, 07:57 AM

I'm a bit of a clean freak anyway so that won't change....I've not come across any profiteering but if i do as someone else said here I will certainly boycott those shops.....I might be more aware of emergency rations too and keep a little store....just in case.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2020, 09:53 AM

Car sharing will possibly take a knock for a few months before people start trusting each other again.

Hygiene always been a clean person because of my immune system,well for the past 20 years that is. Never been a tissue person always need 2 clean hankies every morning and evening.

My stockpiling as always been a joke for my kids and wife but now I have been proven right got cupboards full of all various tinned foods which will come in handy got 2 freezers full of different meats and meals, seeing gaps appearing in the fridges especially the drinks fridge.
Thousands of tea bags and plenty of long life milk , the taste is just like the old days.

Has for will we return to our normal ways I guess the younger generations will, but the people of my age that I know around me were already doing their best for the environment and society and helping their neighbours whenever they could.

My only wish is when this is all over I do hope my grand children stay safe and learning from this experience.
Which I know their parents will be drumming it into them daily.
longfellow
Chatterbox
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2020, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
No. I think people will go back to their old ways. They went back to their old ways after the black plague. They went back to their old ways after each of the wars to end wars. People are people. They always go back to their old ways. But hopefully after each cataclysm we become better and better at predicting them and minimising the damage caused by the old ways.
Wow Keezoy I never realised you were so old mate.
Over 600 years ago that black plague was about..
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2020, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
Wow Keezoy I never realised you were so old mate.
Over 600 years ago that black plague was about..
Actually not so. The decimation of the population of England broke the agricultural system and tied men broke the ties resulting in huge social changes as men decided to say sod the law and gain employment from the highest wage payer.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2020, 12:47 PM

I think I will always cough/sneeze into my elbow. The only concern is I always wear T shirts.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2020, 07:09 PM

I hope that our politicians give a lot of thought to the lack of preparedness shown during this crisis.

In readiness for the next time, and I suspect that there will be a next time, we need to be certain that there are enough hospitals, doctors, nurses, masks, etc. to ensure that we don't get massively embarrassing situations such as we've had.

There needs to a a plan, and there needs to be resources which can efficiently carry out that plan.

Bottom line, for me, is that the NHS must get funded and effectively managed.

No ifs No Buts!
longfellow
Chatterbox

24-03-2020, 09:07 PM

Yes and when its all over it will certainly shine a different light on the illegal immigrant situation.

People crossing to our shores in rubber dingy's and the like, without any knowledge of what illness's they might be carrying.

I think more gunboats will be required to make this country feel safe again.

Plus more checks on the Euro tunnel would also be a good idea and at airports.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top