Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2020, 09:16 PM

Re: When it’s all over

I've started feeling uncomfortable when there are people around, particularly if they don't keep the 2 metre distance rule. Makes me feel grubby..........and lots of hand washing going on! I have some disposable gloves and use them at supermarkets and getting petrol and if there are too many people, I also use a mask - which I bought in China in November......very good it is too.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2020, 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
Wow Keezoy I never realised you were so old mate.
Over 600 years ago that black plague was about..
Haw!..YOu'd be surprised mate. I just look young for my age. Not a day over 150. They breed us tough down here in the colonies. We can survive up to a year without a resupply of decorative soaps.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2020, 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
It will end..when is another matter
Exactly. When is THE biggest question. Not knowing WHEN is a large part of the fear. We are used to having the flu around every year, but we know that there is an end within sight. Not so with the coronavirus. We all are hoping that it will burn itself out come summer, but we have no way of knowing for sure. Making matters worse, not even the "experts" know how long it will be around.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2021, 08:11 AM

Thought It would be good to dig this up because the last response was from bakerman, and a new thread by this gentleman asks the same question 10 months on.

One has to assume, there is no end point.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2021, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Thought It would be good to dig this up because the last response was from bakerman, and a new thread by this gentleman asks the same question 10 months on.

One has to assume, there is no end point.
We're yet to cope, but I think that will happen. There's news of another vaccine this morning and at some stage there will hopefully be a once in a life vaccine or it will be part of the flu vaccine and given annually. We just have to hope we can keep up with all the mutations which are likely to crop up.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2021, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
I hope that our politicians give a lot of thought to the lack of preparedness shown during this crisis.

In readiness for the next time, and I suspect that there will be a next time, we need to be certain that there are enough hospitals, doctors, nurses, masks, etc. to ensure that we don't get massively embarrassing situations such as we've had.

There needs to a a plan, and there needs to be resources which can efficiently carry out that plan.

Bottom line, for me, is that the NHS must get funded and effectively managed.

No ifs No Buts!
Or create a hybrid health service involving very much more from the private sector..
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2021, 12:26 PM

I don't think there will be 'When it's all over' see my post here for reasons why..
https://www.over50sforum.com/showthr...64#post2027764

I have always been particular about hygiene washing my hands when I have been out, taking my shoes off on the doorstep , washing vegetables , salad, fruit.

I can see myself wearing a mask, sanitising my hands , keeping a distance from others when possible for the foreseeable future but I will allow family hugs

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top