Join for free
Page 8 of 18 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2020, 03:35 PM

Re: Shopping today.

I am sorry if this has been mentioned anywhere else on the forum but a friend rang me to say Morrison’s are offering a box of food for delivery for £35 and you should get it delivered the next day.

You choose either a Vegetarian Food box or a Meat eaters Food box. You can’t choose what goes in it though.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	DEBF522A-14BC-447D-B100-A56C851C91A4.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	22.5 KB
ID:	11992  
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2020, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Watch that. We do all our grocery shopping (and most other stuff) on line. But delivery slots are becoming harder to get.
It's OK, I've fixed the vacuum cleaner. One of the wires in the mains lead had pulled out of its connector in the cleaner. Cleaned all the connections, motor, tubes, etc, reinserted the wire after trimming it back and, hey presto, working again. That's saved us £200 or so for the time being.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2020, 08:40 PM

Sainsbury's seem to have a good selection now although some items are still few and far between. The NHS workers came in early this morning and a nurse actually thanked me personally for 'all the hard work' which I have to say brought a tear to my eye; the fact that she is more at risk than we are but still thinking of others.

Aren't our NHS workers great!!!

As for supermarkets making vast profits, it may seem that way but there are other things to consider. They have closed counters such as fresh fish, delis and cooked pizzas. this loses quite a lot of money per week. plus they have redeployed the staff into other areas and are still paying them, no one has lost their job. Every day they are giving staff free lunches such as sandwiches and free drinks for their efforts. Now that shopping has slowed a bit, a lot of the fresh veg and fruit will go off and will be thrown away.

One thing that I do find silly is that you can only buy two items such as toilet rolls but because we are getting mainly packs of nine, it means you can end up with 18 toilet rolls. If Andrex and co, go their fingers out, we could go back to the normal 2 or 4 packs.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2020, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Watch that. We do all our grocery shopping (and most other stuff) on line. But delivery slots are becoming harder to get.
We have a shopping delivery arriving tomorrow with all our usual weekly items in the normal weekly quantities. I hope there won't be too much missing from it.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2020, 12:18 PM

Shopped at Aldi this morning. People were queuing at 08.00am but all orderly. There was a large fellow on the door with 'Crowd Control' across his yellow top. So many shoppers were let in at a time, I guess to save overcrowding, so no problems there. The shelves were mostly stocked, bread was a little less than usual. Eggs were noticeably less with only boxes of 12 available. Toilet rolls – no idea as I don't need more of them. Checkout operators were wearing gloves and asking for us to use the area set aside for packing shopping, rather than try and do it at the checkout.

Other than having to get up very early at 06.00am (for me that is) no problems getting my usual two-week shop. Top marks to Aldi for having this all well organised.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2020, 01:10 PM

Hi

Just back.

Long queue outside Morrisons, so did not bother.

Lidl was almost empty and very well stocked.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2020, 01:28 PM

A quick visit to ASDA after my failed MOT appointment (testing station is shut until April 14th). Fairly quiet with only a few visitors. Mind you, it was quite early. They have black lines on the floor two metres apart to keep customers separated at the checkout queues which isn't a bad idea IMO.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2020, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
A quick visit to ASDA after my failed MOT appointment (testing station is shut until April 14th). Fairly quiet with only a few visitors. Mind you, it was quite early. They have black lines on the floor two metres apart to keep customers separated at the checkout queues which isn't a bad idea IMO.
I think I saw that MOT's are extended for 6 months as long as you are sure your car is roadworthy. Google it Judd.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2020, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I think I saw that MOT's are extended for 6 months as long as you are sure your car is roadworthy. Google it Judd.
I think that's only for trucks and trailers but I'll check in any case. Thanks, Tessa.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2020, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I think that's only for trucks and trailers but I'll check in any case. Thanks, Tessa.
Judd – you will find it here on OFF (post #5):

https://www.over50sforum.com/showthr...71#post1877571

Or here on this link from that post:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52036333

Page 8 of 18 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top