Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2019, 04:38 PM

Washing Machine Warning.

Hi

Another fire risk.

https://www.shropshirestar.com/news/...hing-machines/
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2019, 09:44 PM

Re: Washing Machine Warning.

Who Really Makes Your Washing Machine ?

Which Manufacture owns who and who really makes your washing machine ?

Many washing machines being sold today are no longer made by the companies shown on the logo, in many cases they have been taken over by larger companies . In a way, it should not matter who makes which brand, as long as the brand is reliable , economical , performs well and is value for money. But there can be concerns by consumer that need to be considered.

If a customer is very unhappy with a product, or the service provided by a manufacturer, they are likely to want to avoid purchasing from that company again. However, they may well end up purchasing virtually the exact same washing machine with a different logo along with the same after sales service engineers as well as the same company ethos. A few examples of this are Hoover and Candy, who used to be totally different companies, are now both owned by the Candy group. However, there is little difference between these two makes these days, and the guarantee repair work is carried out by the same engineers. Also Hotpoint, Indesit and Creda are all owned by the same company. The Whirlpool group owns Whirlpool, Maytag and Kitchenaid, with many of the appliances being made in the same factories. Another extremely large European white goods manufacturer is the BSH group which owns the Bosch , Neff , Siemens and Gaggenau brands.

It could be at some point in the future, all washing machines are likely to be made by just a handful of companies and in fact we aren’t that far off from this scenario already. Note that some brands retain all their original differences but are just owned by a rival company and some are virtually the same machine inside with different logos and trimmings. Here is a sample of some of the household names who are owned or made by the same company.

The Electrolux group own well over 50 brand names (though not all of them washing machines) Among the more well known ones are AEG, Tricity Bendix, Zanussi.

The Candy group own Hoover, Zerowatt and Kelvinator among others.

The Indesit Company own Ariston, Indesit, New World, Philco, Hotpoint, Creda, Cannon, GDA, English Electric,Thorn along with many more.

Then there are the other European manufactures like Smeg and Beko who make many of their own appliances but also lend their factories and production runs to other brands. So whilst you think you are purchasing a Hygena dishwasher it may well have been made by Smeg or Beko.

The market and whitegoods industry is currently changing beyond all recognition with the influx in recent years of companies from the Far East. With the likes of LG, Haier , Samsung and Vestel now starting to have an increasing influence on our purchases.

Smaller family run companies used to take a pride in their workmanship and machines were manufactured in the UK and would last over twenty years at least, but since all the small companies have been amalgamated and manufacture moved from the UK to mainly Poland and Italy, the machines have become more complex substandard and less reliable with most machines needing replacing in just five to eight years (and that's even recommended by dealers) The big multinationals are holding us to ransom just a few companies produce all of the machines and money is the driver, but what choice do we have anymore.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2019, 10:20 PM

When I worked as a commercial laundry engineer, there were two big players, primus and ipso, both made commercial laundry equipment in factories a mile or so apart, in Belgium and also some in the Czech Republic, alliance then bought both companies and , closed the ipso factories , alliance were then bought by.....whirlpool a huge American company, so they don’t just do white goods,
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2019, 10:50 PM

Not Again. I had Whirlpool Washers and Dryers a good while ago, no problems with either they both died of old age.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2019, 11:25 PM

We had a Samsung washing machine. There was a huge recall of a number of models including ours because of fire risk. We never had a problem with ours but it was replaced anyway. We have never had a moments problem with it either. The Hoover dryer we have has been chugging along for 25 years. Still going strong. Amazing.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2019, 11:29 PM

It's been all over the news tonight.

It's an utter disgrace. What is the matter with these firms?

I have a Bosch, and I have been very pleased with it.
The spin is really quiet too.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2019, 11:49 PM

I have a Samsung touch wood its fine.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2019, 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
It's been all over the news tonight.

It's an utter disgrace. What is the matter with these firms?

I have a Bosch, and I have been very pleased with it.
The spin is really quiet too.
Bosch are still one of the best IMO
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2019, 04:52 AM

I like my top loader, no stupid doors locks or seals and they spin faster, when my Hoover finally kicks the bucket I will get another top loader.

Hoover make really crap vacuum cleaners but their washing machines just seem to keep going.
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2019, 09:15 AM

I have an Indiset washing machine. How do I know if it is one of the 'danger models?
Got me worried now.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top