Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2020, 06:51 PM

Price gouging

Just saw on MSN that people who have been price gouging on Amazon and Ebay have been banned from selling hand sanitizers, baby wipes, disposable gloves, facemasks, etc for obscene prices; up to $125 for a single bottle of hand sanitizer.

For example, when 2 brothers saw that the coronavirus was spreading, they went around to all of the local stores and bought out the store's entire supply. They hoarded over 20,000 bottles for as little as $3.50/bottle which they then advertised on Amazon and Ebay for up to $125/bottle.

After they were banned from selling on Amazon and Ebay they were left with thousands and thousands items and no place to sell them.

I hope there is a special place in Hell for such people.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2020, 07:07 PM

Re: Price gouging

I saw some of those on Amazon. Glad to read they have been banned.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2020, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I saw them too and wondered at the time why they were allowed to sell them to the public at that price.

Scum, all of them.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2020, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->

Yes, and I just read that a number of States Attorney General, are going after such price gougers with the intent of suing them for everything they own. With a bit of luck the price gougers will soon be bankrupt.
Savvy
United States
Savvy is male  Savvy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2020, 09:15 PM

Price gougers should have their inventory confiscated and they should be forced to work, for free, in a health care facility, until the virus runs its course.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2020, 09:25 PM

Mmmmm Amazon themselves I am not happy with.
I use Subscribe n Save every month for my vitamin delivery and other herbals.
I went on there earlier to look for latex/medical gloves.
Prices are pretty high and they are all from overseas so you have to pay delivery charges and some import fees making it quite pricey for a box of 50 pairs. Even the Subscribe n Save are charging which is normally a free delivery on all goods ordered.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2020, 12:02 AM

I agree with all of this. Price gougers and profiteers are low lives and should be stopped and made to pay for what they do. But we are taught to be greedy from many directions from the beginning of our lives. I do not believe it is a hardwired human trait but it's still a pretty basic thing to most societies. So it's hardly surprising that these things happen. Here the public have been assured that there is no shortage of toilet paper at the manufacturers. THere is enough to go around for everybody. BUt people just keep rushing in and buying it all day after day as soon as it is stacked. It's a case of "I'm alright Jack"..(Remember that old movie? )
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2020, 06:28 AM

Now I understand why there is a shortage of toilet rolls, everybody has got the shits with people panic buying.

It is all so clear now!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2020, 10:36 AM

I really see nothing in the least bit wrong in "price gouging". I really don't. It's the basis of business and the foundation of free market economics.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2020, 11:43 AM

They would clear the lot if they did a car boot sale or a market stall for the day. As long as they didn't overcharge they should sell the lot easily.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top