Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2020, 01:40 PM

Last normal day?

I've just had a lovely normal morning - walking through the town - popping into shops - buying flowers from a market stall - getting my hair cut - just enjoying a normal Thurs.

Very aware that this could be my last normal day and appreciating it all the more.

Oh I'm so dreading 4 months of self isolation.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2020, 03:17 PM

Re: Last normal day?

why Carol? do you know something we don't?
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2020, 03:29 PM

I thought if we were healthy we could still go to the shops for groceries, if we can find them & only stay home when not. Walk dogs if we have them too.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2020, 03:33 PM

Hi

The NHS are expected to be contacting all at risk people on Monday with advice to Self Isolate.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2020, 03:41 PM

I may be well over 70 but I am not suffering from any of the on going health problems they mention as vulnerable & so I doubt they'll ring me.
I am actually waiting for my LevoThyroxine prescription to be delivered, Sons came yesterday, diabetic pens etc, both prescriptions put in the same day, they've not even got mine at the pharmacy, shows how bothered they are about me, don't it & I only have one days pills left.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2020, 04:02 PM

I thought the trouble with the virus is that it has a long incubation period, so even if feeling healthy, crowd activity could still be spreading it from person to person without knowing it. With this in mind, we stopped wandering around town a number of days ago. Our physical family contact has stopped too. Done now via telephone and video.

I'll still be going out on the bike and to the allotment because these are fairly solitary actions. Walks are perhaps OK too. With these, it's always possible to keep a good distance from people ..and items touched by others.

To be honest, I really don't know if this all over the top but it seems to be what's necessary to stop the virus going from person to person in ever increasing numbers.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2020, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I thought if we were healthy we could still go to the shops for groceries, if we can find them & only stay home when not. Walk dogs if we have them too.
That is right, Tiffany.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2020, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
I thought the trouble with the virus is that it has a long incubation period, so even if feeling healthy, crowd activity could still be spreading it from person to person without knowing it. With this in mind, we stopped wandering around town a number of days ago. Our physical family contact has stopped too. Done now via telephone and video.

I'll still be going out on the bike and to the allotment because these are fairly solitary actions. Walks are perhaps OK too. With these, it's always possible to keep a good distance from people ..and items touched by others.

To be honest, I really don't know if this all over the top but it seems to be what's necessary to stop the virus going from person to person in ever increasing numbers.
Whatever it takes Mart, you are being sensible
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2020, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
why Carol? do you know something we don't?
I can't speak about the UK but here in the U.S. the experts are says that we can expect the virus to continue spreading until August.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2020, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
I can't speak about the UK but here in the U.S. the experts are says that we can expect the virus to continue spreading until August.
Hi

The virus will spread, no firm date for any Country, it depends upon what each Country can do.

China had a complete and brutal lockdown and the ability to enforce it.

Most other Countries do not have this facility.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top