Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2020, 01:26 PM

Small Silver Canisters?

As we are allowed, l went out for a little walk this morning.
In two places, one by a litter bin. I saw on the ground, about four small silver canisters. Then l saw another discarded on the path. I hadn’t ever seen anything like it before.

Me with my OTT, imagination began to wonder if the canisters were filled with coronavirus that was emitting the virus into the air, to kill us all off! Not sure who had planted them though? Probably, The Enemy!

On my return home, l googled them and read that they could contain cream or Laughing Gas which is a trend at the moment.

Here is a pic, l found on the internet to show similar silver canisters that l saw.

Were you aware of them and have you ever seen them before?

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	1579F7B2-1D8B-407D-BB68-5DD508A1FAC4.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	11986  
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2020, 01:37 PM

Re: Small Silver Canisters?

They contain a nitrous-oxide gas which is used as a recreational drug. In small amounts, it gives you a feeling of euphoria. It's not a new phenomenon, when Humphrey Davy discovered the gas in 1799, it became the centre of laughing gas parties where the guests used it to get stoned. It was later (and still is) used as a pain killer.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2020, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
They contain a nitrous-oxide gas which is used as a recreational drug. In small amounts, it gives you a feeling of euphoria. It's not a new phenomenon, when Humphrey Davy discovered the gas in 1799, it became the centre of laughing gas parties where the guests used it to get stoned. It was later (and still is) used as a pain killer.
Judd, l obviously haven’t lived!

I know about laughing gas but l didn’t know you could purchase it in small canisters.
So, i suppose it is or like Pethidine that l was given during labour, not that it helped me!

Whoops Sorry, l meant gas and air, not Pethidine!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2020, 01:47 PM

I nave seen those canisters scattered around here,Art....always wondered what they were...now I know.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2020, 02:00 PM

Personally I am aware of them but I've not seen any around where I live. There are hundreds of them found after music festivals apparently!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

24-03-2020, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I nave seen those canisters scattered around here,Art....always wondered what they were...now I know.
Pauline, I had never seen them before. Yet it seems they’ve been around for years.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

24-03-2020, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Personally I am aware of them but I've not seen any around where I live. There are hundreds of them found after music festivals apparently!
Baz, l must live in a bubble! I need to get a bit more hip!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2020, 02:05 PM

Can one just buy Nitrous Oxide gas over the counter or is it another thing to thank the thieves and druggies for?

Some people use Helium for other than filling balloons as well.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2020, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Baz, l must live in a bubble! I need to get a bit more hip!
Yes, maybe but Glastonbury has been cancelled this year!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2020, 02:07 PM

I have seen them before, not in that quantity, but had no idea what they were. I thought they were something to do with ciggy lighters, refills or something like that.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top