Join for free
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2020, 09:31 PM

Neighbours are lovely too!

The young couple who live half way down our street have been shopping in Aldi today. Apparently Aldi were giving away small bunches of Daffodils. The couple took as many as they were allowed to have and have left some on the doorsteps of all us 'golden oldies' to cheer us up!

What a lovely - and Heart warming - gesture!

sparky
cheshire
sparky is male  sparky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2020, 09:41 PM

Re: Neighbours are lovely too!

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
The young couple who live half way down our street have been shopping in Aldi today. Apparently Aldi were giving away small bunches of Daffodils. The couple took as many as they were allowed to have and have left some on the doorsteps of all us 'golden oldies' to cheer us up!

What a lovely - and Heart warming - gesture!
Indeed, a small gesture that cost them nothing apart from a few minutes of their time, it's nice to be nice.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2020, 10:07 PM

That is a lovely gesture ST.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2020, 10:27 PM

very nice Tabs

I've just had a inbox message from my neighbour offering to pick groceries up if I need any. The funny thing was, I was just about to offer to pick her something up from Lidl tomorrow as I have to get Dad something. Great minds eh.

I've lived here 12 years and only recently have I got to know this neighbour, we were at the same school and none of us realised we lived right across the road from each other.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2020, 10:27 PM

Yep, have to agree ST, lovely indeed.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2020, 10:53 AM

It's heartwarming to know there are still some lovely people about!

I was in Aldi yesterday, getting supplies for me and sis, and the smell of hyacinths wafting about was absolutely gorgeous! Pots and pots of them in bloom. Unfortunately with carrying a 9 pack of TRs, my bread and sis's, and her 4 pts of milk, I couldn't carry another thing. I'd walked round to there with just shopping bags.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2020, 07:16 PM

How thoughtful of the young couple - little things mean such a lot.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top