Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2020, 01:45 PM

quick fence panel fix

Sue notices a gap in the featheredge fence as though a plank had come out. So she looked on line to find out replacements were, i had stricted instructions to leave well alone.

That is not me so went to have a look and the featheredge top had spring and slide sideways. . Bit awkward leaning over the fence (our fence) and the wood was weathered hard so out with a braddle first to make a hole. Banged in a new nail and job done.

Footnote

the original nail was so small I would not have used it to hold two sheets of paper together let alone a fence featheredge plank,ust another bodge job done before
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2020, 05:20 PM

Re: quick fence panel fix

The original 'nail' was probably a wire fired from a nailing gun and the head is formed as the final action while its driven in.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2020, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by LongDriver ->
The original 'nail' was probably a wire fired from a nailing gun and the head is formed as the final action while its driven in.
We had a new fence erected last year,fencer said he hated them guns and uses hammer and nail.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2020, 11:48 AM

My fencingis in a bad way at the moment. Many panels are broken and propped up!
Where there are gaps, l have cut down big branches off a Laurel and stuck them in the ground behind the fences. It has filled in the gaps to screen me from the road.

It’s a daft idea but it works! At the moment it’s a case of, a man’s gotta do, what a man’s gotta do!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top