Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2020, 01:56 AM

When will it end ?

Is there any end in sight for the C-19 ?

At least with the flu we knew that it would fade out come warm weather. But, with the C-19 I see/read that it could last for many, many months.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2020, 02:34 AM

Re: When will it end ?

Hi

All pandemics end, that is a fact of life.

Those most vulnerable die first and the firrest survive, that is the natural oeder of things.

That is how evolution works.

Children are much lss affected, it is us oldies and those with other issues who are far more affected.

The virus is here to stay, it will not go away

The Spanish Flu, a simple mutation killed far, far more.

We are all going to die sometime, so accept that fact.

Stay safe, do not affect others and that is all we can do.

I am 68, 53% disabled, damaged lungs and so much shrapnel inside me I cannot have an MRI Scan.

I am still collecting and delivering food to an Ex Neighbour who is partially sighted and with no support mechanism.

No great shakes, it is just what people do.
MarciKS
Kansas USA
MarciKS is female  MarciKS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2020, 04:02 AM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Is there any end in sight for the C-19 ?

At least with the flu we knew that it would fade out come warm weather. But, with the C-19 I see/read that it could last for many, many months.
they are saying that some of the places that got hit 1st are just now starting to slow down and recover. so just hang on.
we just got our first positive case today. it's presently marching it's way through Kansas.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2020, 06:48 AM

It is a nasty thing - but - as long as we follow the guidelines - protect ourselves and others around us - we will beat it!

Think positive!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2020, 10:00 AM

For some of us for whom age and medical conditions have made us vulnerable, I don't see an end to this situation any time soon unless we are prepared to accept exposure to the virus and certain hospitalisation.

I am resigned to at least a year of cautious living if I want to have any chance of a future.

Now that may sound a little bleak but I take comfort from a previous generation in that at least I am safe and don't have 5 years of bombing to contend with as well.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2020, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
For some of us for whom age and medical conditions have made us vulnerable, I don't see an end to this situation any time soon unless we are prepared to accept exposure to the virus and certain hospitalisation.

I am resigned to at least a year of cautious living if I want to have any chance of a future.

Now that may sound a little bleak but I take comfort from a previous generation in that at least I am safe and don't have 5 years of bombing to contend with as well.
Hi

Look on the bright side.

You could have had 5 years of Corbyn to deal with.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2020, 10:13 AM

I hope things improve before the midiwives get busy!
Remember 9 months after the power cuts?
All this staying in and getting bored
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2020, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Look on the bright side.

You could have had 5 years of Corbyn to deal with.
True Swimmy
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2020, 10:23 AM

On a rather more depressing note, will the murder rate go up, with people, some who are quite volatile, living in stressful and cramped conditions, blow their top? Sorry to bring this up, let's hope the baby situation is the one we will be addressing later on!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2020, 10:31 AM

I worry for kids in small spaces with abusive parents.... all we can hope for is we are doing the right thing and that a test is available quickly to identify those who have had it and are now immune. At least then we might get back to some normality

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top