Join for free
Page 402 of 1010 « First < 302 352 392 400 401 402 403 404 412 452 502 902 > Last »
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2013, 03:47 PM

Re: What are you having for lunch/dinner?

Funny how things happen innit, see Saturday, I had missed my bus home, and knew my son was finishing fairly early, so asked him to pick me up from Tesco. Could sit and have nice coffee and read a magazine whilst waiting. Had a quick wander to see what if anything was on offer, and there just sitting in the 'fridge, was a lovely lean looking chunk of rolled brisket, for just under a tenner. Saturday night I put it into a roasting tin, with about 2oz water and a stock cube, and double wrapped it in foil, really crimping the edges tight. Just after midnight Sat/Sunday I placed the tin on the bottom shelf of the oven, which I had had on the highest setting to heat up, then immediately turned the gas down to mk1. Son took the tin out when he got up for work at around 9am and left it on the side. When I got up and broke into the foil there was over a pint of meat juices (which I have to say made the most amazing gravy), and this perfectly cooked beef.

About an hour before we ate I parboiled some pots and put them in to roast and then I put some slices of the beef into the top tier of the steamer, with cabbage into the bottom, and cauli and broc into the middle section. Ten minutes before the roasters were finished the veg went on and boasting aside the meal was delish. Only slip was I forgot the flipping yorkshires.

Tonight it will be spare ribs which even as we speak are marinading in a sticky garlic a ginger marinade. Not sure what to have with, have some garlic bread, could make some fried rice, or could be really lazy and pick some up from chinese.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2013, 02:38 PM

We have just had our dinners of: Roast Gammon, Roast Potatoes, Parsnips, Cabbage and Peas, gravy, it was lovely.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2013, 02:20 PM

Bangers and Mash today.
Stella H
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Stella H is female  Stella H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2013, 03:19 PM

Chilli-con-carne today.
Moiramary
Lincoln
Moiramary is female  Moiramary has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2013, 04:26 PM

The OH is out this afternoon and not sure what time he'll be back, so.... he said he'd bring in fish and chips. Great, no cooking!
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2013, 06:07 PM

Pulled pork sandwiches and a spinach/tomato/fresh mozarella salad..
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK

19-09-2013, 01:52 PM

We have just had, Chicken breast wrapped in bacon and stuffing, with Roast Potatoes, Parsnips, Carrots & French Beans, gravy.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2013, 05:58 PM

Tonight will be chicken kiev, cheesy potato (just microwaved to soften, then will cut in half, scoop out, mix with milk, butter and cheese, pile back on, with cheese over the top), and mixed veg. Yum.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2013, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by daisymay ->
Funny how things happen innit, see Saturday, I had missed my bus home, and knew my son was finishing fairly early, so asked him to pick me up from Tesco. Could sit and have nice coffee and read a magazine whilst waiting. Had a quick wander to see what if anything was on offer, and there just sitting in the 'fridge, was a lovely lean looking chunk of rolled brisket, for just under a tenner. Saturday night I put it into a roasting tin, with about 2oz water and a stock cube, and double wrapped it in foil, really crimping the edges tight. Just after midnight Sat/Sunday I placed the tin on the bottom shelf of the oven, which I had had on the highest setting to heat up, then immediately turned the gas down to mk1. Son took the tin out when he got up for work at around 9am and left it on the side. When I got up and broke into the foil there was over a pint of meat juices (which I have to say made the most amazing gravy), and this perfectly cooked beef.

About an hour before we ate I parboiled some pots and put them in to roast and then I put some slices of the beef into the top tier of the steamer, with cabbage into the bottom, and cauli and broc into the middle section. Ten minutes before the roasters were finished the veg went on and boasting aside the meal was delish. Only slip was I forgot the flipping yorkshires.

Tonight it will be spare ribs which even as we speak are marinading in a sticky garlic a ginger marinade. Not sure what to have with, have some garlic bread, could make some fried rice, or could be really lazy and pick some up from chinese.
Wow, got my gastric juices flowing, reading this! Didn't the overnight aroma drive you wild?!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2013, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Wow, got my gastric juices flowing, reading this! Didn't the overnight aroma drive you wild?!

Janet darlin' - you should be here when I cook joints in my slow cooker overnight. The smell which permeates the whole of my small flat (including the bedroom) early in the morning the following day is truly magnificent!!!!

Apart from roast beef, have also cooked a pork joint in cider - now that smell is fabulous!!!

Page 402 of 1010 « First < 302 352 392 400 401 402 403 404 412 452 502 902 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top