Join for free
Page 573 of 737 « First < 73 473 523 563 571 572 573 574 575 583 623 673 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2020, 06:33 PM

Re: Things that annoy you!

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Some guy in Bristol has luxury appartments (bedsits I expect) for rent at £40 a day for those who want to self isolate.
Our local car boot sale is still on with people advertising that they'll be there with essential stuff! Crazy!

I took Dolly up the lane for a walk (short one, still got tummy bug) got passed by a cyclist, coughing. Then a jogger who stopped panting and coughing. Then two joggers, side by side passed about 2 feet from me, panting and saying, "Good Morning".

From now on in the car to a field somewhere.

Mothers are arranging play dates for kids, teenagers in groups, everywhere!
I was reading an article on the beeb this morning TessA that was advising all the runners who should be running the London Marathon to run locally, solo, so they could still raise the money for the charities....

I also went running this morning, but very early, and out on quiet country roads, never saw a soul until I returned through the village, and they were people going to the shop for a paper. A long way away from me thank God....
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2020, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Good choice Roxy, we could drop in supplies by air....Wait a minute......How do I get there...?....
You come to John o Groats and Stroma is a few minutes in a motor boat. 😁
This photo was taken from the mainland at Groats, that's Stroma out in the firth. Not far but isolated.

OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2020, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
You come to John o Groats and Stroma is a few minutes in a motor boat. 😁
This photo was taken from the mainland at Groats, that's Stroma out in the firth. Not far but isolated.
Looks nice Roxy, when this Coronavirus thing is over, if I'm still here, I'll come up and visit Groats. I used to work with a bloke who came up this way to surf.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2020, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Looks nice Roxy, when this Coronavirus thing is over, if I'm still here, I'll come up and visit Groats. I used to work with a bloke who came up this way to surf.
Not much to see at Groats actually, few shops, the big house and a ferry pick up to Orkney, for day trips. Never seen Surfers there, must be Dunnet, Sandside, Thurso Reef or one of the wee Bays your friend went to. 🤔
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2020, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Maybe this has been done before?
Anyway.
People that say they are cold, then proceeded to put their cold hands on your face.
We do something similar at bed time. No, not what you're thinking, with your dirty mind!

Marge usually gets into bed first; I come later.

Just for a laugh, I put a hand on Marge's thigh.
"Cold hand!" she screams.
"Mmmm, warm thigh," I reply.

After a few minutes, I then add, "Mmmm, warm hand."
And Marge replies, "C-c-c-cold thigh."

You should try it, lads. It's funny!
biffo
Norfolk UK
biffo is male  biffo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2020, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
We do something similar at bed time. No, not what you're thinking, with your dirty mind!

Marge usually gets into bed first; I come later.

Just for a laugh, I put a hand on Marge's thigh.
"Cold hand!" she screams.
"Mmmm, warm thigh," I reply.

After a few minutes, I then add, "Mmmm, warm hand."
And Marge replies, "C-c-c-cold thigh."

You should try it, lads. It's funny!
TMI
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2020, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I bet he would have a beard too, Tess!
I have a beard, Tess!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2020, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I have a beard, Tess!
Yes, but cold hands!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

22-03-2020, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Infuriating it is, our council won't empty any bin if the lid is not closed.. flattening and squashing bulky stuff helps or ask for additional bin. No sure if they will charge.
Ours might supply an additional bin but it's 'means tested', that is, you have to have a large family.
There's only two of us (and two cats), so no hope!.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

22-03-2020, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Yes, but cold hands!
Only for a few minutes, though.

Page 573 of 737 « First < 73 473 523 563 571 572 573 574 575 583 623 673 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top