Join for free
Page 430 of 737 « First < 330 380 420 428 429 430 431 432 440 480 530 > Last »
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2019, 11:57 AM

Re: Things that annoy you!

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Seeing as a dusty cooling fan is a common problem in laptops, why not put them in a position which is easy to get at. I suggest undoing two screws on the back and there it is rather than having to dismantle the whole thing.
Good thinking - patent it - you may end up rich!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2019, 01:01 PM

Sport on BBC 1and 2. Too hot to do anything and nowt on telly!

I pay my tv licence and can't watch nuffink!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2019, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->

I agree Tessa! I wouldn't mind if it was for one special event but over the last few weeks there has been Ladies football world cup, Ascot racing, Wimbledon and a few other sports.
It is a bit late to try and get us older ones fit , yet we are expected to pay the same license fee as the younger people who enjoy these sports. I often end up watching films/programmes I have seen a few times before!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2019, 10:13 PM

New moan!
People who put spikes on their fences!
My cat Paolo is very timid, huge and fluffy but scared of everything. This week I'm dog sitting my daughter's Chi x Bichon, which is about a third of Paolo's size, but scary enough for Paolo not to want to stay in.
Well, Paolo went missing, didn't come into the garden even for food, which is the usual ritual if anyone or anything scary comes to stay.

I even posted on local FB that one huge fluffy grey cat was missing, check sheds etc.
Gypsy was in the garden meowing up at the fence. Paolo couldn't cross a row of spikes the guy at the back had put along his fence to "stop the birds sitting on it".

A step ladder and help was needed to get that scaredy cat down! Shut in the bedroom with food now!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2019, 07:12 AM

New moan!
My cat Paolo is very timid, huge and fluffy but scared of everything. This week I'm dog sitting my daughter's Chi x Bichon, which is about a third of Paolo's size, but scary enough for Paolo not to want to stay in.
Well, Paolo went missing, didn't come into the garden even for food, which is the usual ritual if anyone or anything scary comes to stay.

I even posted on local FB that one huge fluffy grey cat was missing, check sheds etc.
Gypsy was in the garden meowing up at the fence. Paolo couldn't cross a row of spikes the guy at the back had put along his fence to "stop the birds sitting on it".

A step ladder and help was needed to get that scaredy cat down! Shut in the bedroom with food now!
Glad you got him back Tess!
What a stupid idea putting spikes on a fence to stop birds sitting on it..... lets hope the birds get their timing right & poop on his fence as they fly over it!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2019, 10:02 AM

New moan!

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Glad you got him back Tess!
What a stupid idea putting spikes on a fence to stop birds sitting on it..... lets hope the birds get their timing right & poop on his fence as they fly over it!
My guess is that it's not to stop birds but to stop scumbag thieves. My dad used to cement glass to the top of the wall years ago which did the trick (he found blood there a few times). Of course nowadays he would be arrested for being nasty towards up and coming robbers.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

07-07-2019, 02:59 PM

The fence is only between my nextdoor neighbours (60's windchimes) and the guy's garden. Them nextdoor think it was done to stop their very elderly, frail cat, now deceased from getting into his garden. Nextdoor had complained about the man's labrador barking everytime they go into their garden, he barks if I make a noise in my garden too, outside all day on his own. Also nextdoor like feeding the birds so he was being nasty.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2019, 03:08 PM

I take your point. I watch just a few things on television but an event like Wimbledon wipes everything else out.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2019, 04:56 PM

I agree totally, Tess.

There is a sports channel I understand, so why can't all the sport be shown there?

As you say, to put it on BBC 1 AND 2, is just wrong imo.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2019, 04:57 PM

That’s far to sensible .....

Page 430 of 737 « First < 330 380 420 428 429 430 431 432 440 480 530 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top