Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2018, 02:58 PM

Small things that you appreciate

For me it has to be watching my 32" TV (I've got a small living room) as opposed to watching the tiny TV far away, high up on the wall of my hospital room.

I was lucky enough to get a single room for 3 days but the TV was like viewing a postage stamp from a distance. Good enough for watching the news, perhaps but not much good for watching football, films or anything else, really.

I don't know why the hospital invested in such small TVs as they are a waste of money, really. Strangely, the rooms also have one of those mini-fridges for keeping tins of juice or a sandwich cool. I had no use for mine. This part of the hospital (general oncology, haemotology) has had a huge chunk of money spent on it with all rooms to be single by next March.

I was lucky to get a single room but what a wrench it was to move into a 4 bed bay for my final night - smaller toilet/shower room shared by 4, much older and cramped living conditions. I didn't sleep last night after the change except for a couple of hours when I had a nightmare (unusual for me).
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2018, 03:00 PM

Re: Small things that you appreciate

I have just ate a strawberry lollie .
What used to be called Mivis
Haven't had one in about 50 years .
It was delicious .
orangutan2
Ireland
orangutan2 is female 

23-07-2018, 03:01 PM

A magic post chemo moment - Walking my dog on a breezy day and feeling the wind in my sprouting hair for the first time in months...
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2018, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan2 ->
A magic post chemo moment - Walking my dog on a breezy day and feeling the wind in my sprouting hair for the first time in months...
Good for you! My hair didn't fall out but it stopped growing and my beard thinned out so I didn't have to shave as often.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2018, 03:10 PM

A cooling breeze in a heatwave.
orangutan2
Ireland
orangutan2 is female 

23-07-2018, 03:11 PM

I didn't really mind the hair loss thing, but it did seem ironic that the last hair to go was the one on my chin...and now it's back...

Another little thing I appreciate - a glass or two of red when I fancy it.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2018, 03:12 PM

The comfort of my own bed and sofas when returning from holidays.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

23-07-2018, 03:12 PM

I drink rarely now but do like a glass of red wine occasionally.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2018, 03:19 PM

Eating jam doughnuts with a big dollop of whipped cream in them. Greggs and Marks and Spencer’s in store bakery, are the nicest doughnuts!

Beechdean Classic Vanilla ice cream is lovely in a cornet too.

I feel like Billy Bunter when l eat them!
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

23-07-2018, 03:27 PM

I remember the Billy Bunter books; they were very well written.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top